With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
The place for eye candy.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Coup'George

Texture requests

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Sat May 16, 2009 4:55 am

if you have not already guessed, I really like playing around with textures in SG :D

if any of the SG team think some of the textures could be redone please let me know and I will do my best :)

other then that I will most likely be fooling around with them on my own :D
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Re: Texture requests

Postby Breli » Sat May 16, 2009 12:05 pm

if any of the SG team think some of the textures could be redone please let me know and I will do my best :)

Hmm ... let me think about that. Ah yes: we should basically replace ALL standard textures :lol:

Seriously, the vast majority of textures has a very low quality and doesn't scale (wrong "dimensions" != power of 2), could use some sharpening and more photoshop magic for details (like "painted" broken windows and such). Any improvement in this respect would surely be GREATLY appreciated!

However, there is one thing to keep in mind: We have to be 100%, absolutely sure that we don't infringe any copyright rights. Just copy & paste stuff form the net doesn't do the trick and just brings us in a world of pain 8)

cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Sat May 16, 2009 1:26 pm

whats the deal on textures and copyrights? is it a delicate matter for the devteam only (figured you might could have some special obligation and so on?!) or should independent developers (such as i) to be weary of what textures we yous?

or would "Hear no eagle see no eagle" be applied :evil:
The REAL Blackjack Ketchum
\/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Jack_Ketchum

[R.I.P =Cowboys From Hell= Clan]
Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby Tequila » Sat May 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Breli wrote:

Hmm ... let me think about that. Ah yes: we should basically replace ALL standard textures :lol:

Let me think about it too ;)...
Breli is right, but we have a VERY big priority to replace any texture from the "baseq3/pak0.pk3" not present in "smokinguns/sg_textures0.pk3"... There's about 40 textures to replace there...

Interested ?
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Tequila wrote:we have a VERY big priority to replace any texture from the "baseq3/pak0.pk3" not present in "smokinguns/sg_textures0.pk3"... There's about 40 textures to replace there...

I didn't know we used those textures. I thought we were able to completely delete "baseq3/pak0.pk3" and our game would run just fine. What are those files used for? (sorry I know we have been over this)

Black Jack Ketchum wrote:whats the deal on textures and copyrights? is it a delicate matter for the devteam only

No. not at all. I can honestly say that our private forum hardly ever gets used anymore. All discussions are in the public. The copy righted texture discussion happened on the public IRC channel and the public Teamspeak channel.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Sat May 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Tequila wrote:Interested ?

This is something I might be able to work on in GIMP, if there was a list of textures needing replacement.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Joe Kari and Coup George?
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Sat May 16, 2009 7:04 pm

@ Pardner

I meant is it delicate (due to legal problems) for the Devteam to yous, pack and distribute texture packs whit unknown or dodgy copyrights - like texture just downloaded from a Google image search, and if i as a independent mapper can yous them. Which i have......

Can see now that my first post dident make much sense :roll:
\/

Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Sat May 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Yes, we have been treating it delicately. Hope to have it fixed in the next release.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Tequila wrote:
Breli wrote:Let me think about it too ;)...
Breli is right, but we have a VERY big priority to replace any texture from the "baseq3/pak0.pk3" not present in "smokinguns/sg_textures0.pk3"... There's about 40 textures to replace there...

Interested ?
8)

ok, so I was looking at redoing things like... the crosshair, ammo on the HUD. I already redid the hands if you saw my other post, maybe even redoing some of the guns them selfs. Also I was thinking of redoing the blood splatters you see when you shoot someone.

any of this sound good?
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Sat May 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Disregard my post, i tought you wher talking aboute the textures concerned in mapping, it took some bloody hands and revolvers for me to get it........ :oops:
\/

Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:40 pm

Black Jack Ketchum wrote:Disregard my post, i tought you wher talking aboute the textures concerned in mapping, it took some bloody hands and revolvers for me to get it........ :oops:

not meaning to speak for the SG team, but I am sure they wouldn't mind more textures for maps :)
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Breli » Sun May 17, 2009 9:37 am

-]DES[- Player_3 wrote:any of this sound good?

Sounds fantastic! 8)

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Mon May 18, 2009 12:52 am

Pardner wrote:
Tequila wrote:we have a VERY big priority to replace any texture from the "baseq3/pak0.pk3" not present in "smokinguns/sg_textures0.pk3"... There's about 40 textures to replace there...

I didn't know we used those textures. I thought we were able to completely delete "baseq3/pak0.pk3" and our game would run just fine. What are those files used for? (sorry I know we have been over this)

Few are still used. The game by itself will just run fine if you delete that pak but you'll see missing textures in some maps.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:34 am

Tequila wrote:
Pardner wrote:

Few are still used. The game by itself will just run fine if you delete that pak but you'll see missing textures in some maps.

isn't the HUD and all the weapons textures all in that .pk3 file?
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Mon May 18, 2009 4:46 am

no, those are in /smokinguns/sg_pak0.pk3. our mapping textures are in /smokinguns/sg_textures0.pk3
Pardner
SG Team

Next

Return to Texture Artists

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel