With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Texturing Error's In Game

Postby Darkweaver » Sun May 31, 2009 11:54 am

i have 2 versions of SG installed, one is the standalone, and the other is from before the *.i386 build was released, so i was running SG through Open Arena instead (but has identical files)

messing with the new i386 standalone build, and i just found that there are texturing errors and a couple of maps, resulting in grey textures with horizontal and vertical white lines over them. Alamo is effected most, as EVERYTHING in the map besides the horses is like this, so you see a grey/white map with a couple of fully textured cowboys running through it, and the sky on Desert Blood does the same. however, this error doesn't happen on the OpenArena version... even though both have the same files... can someone enlighten me on how to fix these errors?
SG Name: Cassidy
Preferred Weapons: Peacemaker, Scoped Sharps Rifle, Throwing knives
Preferred Character: Clint
Darkweaver
Pistolero

Postby moRtem » Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 pm

you are sure that your pk3-file (in standalone-release) isn't corrupt?

Due to incomplete copying or incomplete download e.g.

/Quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Darkweaver » Sun May 31, 2009 12:54 pm

hmm... i will copy over the pk3 files that work from the openarena version and see...
Darkweaver
Pistolero

Postby Darkweaver » Sun May 31, 2009 12:59 pm

nope... did nothing. i replaced the files with those from the version that works and it still did nothing...
Darkweaver
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Sun May 31, 2009 2:20 pm

Hello,

such problem occurs when the "baseq3/pak0.pk3" is not read. You can take from the normal installation and just put the "pak0.pk3" in the smokinguns folder. That should work.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Darkweaver » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:04 am

hmm... tried it, both with the other version i have, and then with a re-download (thats the 3rd time!) and neither worked...
Darkweaver
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 am

Maybe I was not clear enough... I was talking about the "baseq3/pak0.pk3" from the Smokin' Guns installation which is very different than other one. Is that the one you put in "smokinguns" folder next to our sg_pak0.pk3 ?
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Darkweaver » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:11 pm

sorry, thats what i meant, i copied the baseq3 file from the working version into the new folder, still nothing.
Darkweaver
Pistolero

Postby Lucky Bro » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi Darkweaver,

Could you, please, try to install standalone from scratch and try only it without messing with it and copying anything from your previous versions of SG?
Could you also, please, specify on which OS you are playing (unix-like, win, etc..).
And if it is possible could you also make a screenshot from the game and post it here. Maybe your textures corruption related to some of your graphic card issues (or broken drivers).
(you can make it by typing /screenshot command on the console)
Also if you can - please post here some logs from the game (put them in a spoiler to reduce height of your post).

Have a good day, hope to see you in game soon! :)
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel