With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
The place for eye candy.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Coup'George

Blood textures replacement

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi everyone, it has been a while and not too much got done :? (I was playing other games... sorry :oops: )

but I do have some textures I redid! :D
the blood :lol:

here is a link http://www.fileplanet.com/201145/200000 ... eplacement

I have learned from some of my mistakes so this time I now have a readme :roll:
I can tell you some stuff here too. First you most be warned that the only way to see this new blood is to replace the old ones with the ones I have in this pk3. but after you do that you will only be able to join online servers if you reinstall Smokin' Guns.

if any of the SG team thinks its to dark or could be better some how please let me know :D

btw I know I said earlier that I would try to redo some of the guns textures... lets just put it this way. (I have no business messing with those :roll: ) they just never turned out.
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby /dev/random » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:48 pm

No need to replace or edit any existing pk3s. Just ensure that your pk3 gets loaded after the pk3 it's meant to overwrite. Easiest way is to give it a name which starts with z, e.g. 'zzz_players_blood.pk3'.
This way you won't need to reinstall SG, but of course the new blood will only be used locally or on unpure servers.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:03 pm

... wow I guess you learn something new everyday :D

so thats what those z's are for... (I have seen them before but never knew what they were for)
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby moRtem » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:35 am

-]DES[- Player_3 wrote:... wow I guess you learn something new everyday :D

so thats what those z's are for... (I have seen them before but never knew what they were for)

'z' is the end of the alphabet .. since Q3-engine loads the pk3s in an alphabetic order, you ensure to get your stuff loaded (and overwriting stuff that got loaded before) at the very end -- which means, that you ensure that your pk3 is fully loaded

but again: this won't work on pure online servers unless the admin adds this pk3 to the server aswell

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Thanks for your continued efforts! However, I'm not so sure I like this new blood. :? Sort of looks like someone parked a leaky car.

[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/19_shot0000_2.jpg][timg]19_shot0000_2.jpg[/timg][/thumb] [thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/19_shot0001_1.jpg][timg]19_shot0001_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]

The old pattern looks more realistic to me? The color could be a bit darker though.

[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/19_shot0003_1.jpg][timg]19_shot0003_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:57 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:The old pattern looks more realistic to me?

i agree there :: but i think the 'old' one could be more realistic aswell, altough i wouldn't know what exactly should be modified to get a more realistic look

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:The old pattern looks more realistic to me?

If we wanted to keep true to the spaghetti western theme, shouldn't the blood be invisible or a red/orange paint color? :lol:

Pardner
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:45 pm

ahhh I do see what you are saying there Red. I will work on it some more :)

just wondering, what do you think about the rest of it? the spurts when you shoot them and especially the "blood_screen" effect. what do you think about those?
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 am

-]DES[- Player_3 wrote:what do you think about the rest of it? the spurts when you shoot them and especially the "blood_screen" effect. what do you think about those?

First, let me apologize for missing the new posts since my last reply. :oops: For some reason I didn't notice.
As for the rest of it, to be honest I didn't really notice anything but I wasn't looking for it either. I'll load it up & look again. And what exactly do you mean by blood_screen effect?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:32 pm

WOW, sorry for the long wait. I have not been on in awhile :D

ok here is version 2 of the blood mod. http://www.fileplanet.com/201872/200000 ... ood-mod-V2.

this one has the zzz in it so all you need to do is put it with the rest of the pk3s.

as far as the "Blood_Screen" What it is is that when you are shot;
the screen will flash a dark red for a moment then go back to normal,
while before the texture was so light that you really didn't see much of a change, you would only hear a grunt and that was about it.

let me know what you guys think. :)
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:53 am

i just tested it out. the blood itself seems ok. i dont think im that great of a judge of that :P but the blood_screen is definitely longer and darker than the old one. i kind of like it cuz then u definitely kno when ur hit :P then again i dont like it when i cant see who im shooting at. even for one second :D so i guess mixed feelings on the blood :roll:
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:then again i dont like it when i cant see who im shooting at. even for one second :D so i guess mixed feelings on the blood :roll:

ok, it wouldn't be to hard to make the blood_screen a bit more 'see-through' maybe that would help :wink:
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:20 am

-]DES[- Player_3 wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:then again i dont like it when i cant see who im shooting at. even for one second :D so i guess mixed feelings on the blood :roll:

ok, it wouldn't be to hard to make the blood_screen a bit more 'see-through' maybe that would help :wink:

hehe sounds good :P
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Return to Texture Artists

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel