With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Got skills? Make music & sounds y'all!

Moderator: DeUgli

Postby Red_sunset » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:42 am

My hubby is a professional musician (Lanky) and he loves spaghetti western music and movies. He plays acoustic and electric guitar mainly. We have a basic home recording setup and can also access drums, bass, keyboard.

You can hear some of his homemade music at
http://www.myspace.com/liamkelliher

We could make whole band original tracks. Or we could make solo guitar tracks, which would probably fit with the game better. In the western style.

Would that be good? Any specifications? Who would we send them to?

It might take us a while to get around to it but we'd like to contribute.

I tip my hat to ya
Red_sunset
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:44 am

Red_sunset wrote:We could make whole band original tracks. Or we could make solo guitar tracks, which would probably fit with the game better. In the western style.
It might take us a while to get around to it but we'd like to contribute.

Hey, your hubby is good! 8O
Hard to say where you might begin, but mappers have the ability to specify a single music track for a level if they choose to do so. (Hint, hint.) I'd love to have something good for that. But whatever interests ya could work. Add to the background tracks maybe? New menu music, duel mode tracks, anything that you'd like to try. Maybe put them up on his myspace page so we can hear? Then if there's something we want, which is very likely among the mappers, we can arrange a means for transfer. One thing though. The music would need to "loop" well. By that I mean play over & over as if it were a never ending tune. :wink: Probably something that's not more than 2 or 3 minutes in length to help keep the file size down.
I like the idea of that "whole band" thing though. Spaghetti western music is so grand in it's varieties with trumpets, guitars, drums, jaw-harps, whitsling, etc. But I dare not ask for too much! When you get time, start off simple & see if you get into it. Maybe it'll lead to something epic! Who knows?!?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Red_sunset » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:57 am

Thanks Red! I'll pass on your compliments to Lanky, he'll be pleased.

Good thinking, the tunes should loop, thanks for the details.
We should play the game a bit more and watch a few more classic old dvds for some inspriation. :)

Good idea for us to put them on myspace. Then if anyone likes them we can send them on. What format would you want? Isn't the internet great!

He's part of a musical family and can play anything, (on Wondergirl on the myspace he played all the instruments - we multitracked). I'm more into the technical, engineering side but have been none to warble a bit. :lol:

I tip my hat to ya
Red_sunset
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:03 am

Red_sunset wrote:What format would you want?

.wav
stereo
44100Hz
32 bit float
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Red_sunset » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:29 am

Thanks for that! :) no 5.1 makes it easier for us

I tip my hat to ya
Red_sunset
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Great,

about format, if we plan to release any of your creation with next release, 1.1 engine can support OGG fomat (ogg vorbis) so we can be sure file size won't be a problem.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Tequila wrote:1.1 engine can support OGG fomat (ogg vorbis) so we can be sure file size won't be a problem.
8)
That's an improvement, for sure!
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby iap » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Try to make several types of feelings:
Music for "lonely in the city", music for "I'm stalking someone", music for "where is everyon1?!", music for "Oh no, their after me!!", and "I'm so hurt!", "I killed 3 guys in a row I'm feeling cool!"
and stuff. Maybe it would be possible to change the music accordingly in the game, maybe through map settings.
If not, it's still cool to have context music.
iap
Pistolero

Postby Harlock » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:12 pm

I dug out an older Topic. I really like the music in SG, but of course it doesn't come close to Ennio Morricone's soundscapes. Would it be hard to implement a feature in the code so you could play your own sound in the background during a match? So everybody could rip their cds with western sound to a place in the game directory.
Harlock
Drifter

Previous

Return to Audio

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel