With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Just a few comments

Postby Holliday DDS » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:28 am

I first want to say that this is really a great game. Love playing it. Two things I would like to see most, with a new release are:

1) A few new maps.
I'd especially like to see a couple good small maps (like tillian)
Whenever you are just playing with a couple people, most of
the maps are just too big. they tend to get a lil boring. I've
never attempted map making, but I'm sure it isn't easy.
Just seems like some of the stuff that I have been reading
about that people are working on, seem to be cosmetic things
instead of things that will actually improve gameplay.

2) Less range on the pistols.
You just shouldn't be able to shoot a pistol from across the
map accurately. I realize it's a game, but come on. There
really needs to be a good reason to buy a rifle (besides
camping.)

That being said, I love the game and if none of the things get changed (the way I would like)..lol. I will continue to play. My hat goes off to all of you who put time in to try and improve things, and answer all of the questions people have. Thanks.
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:02 am

Welcome Holliday DDS,

always great to see new fanatic comers in town ;)

You still should know we are working hard on the next release and your feedback is appreciated. Even is comestic things are the most visible, you still should know we are working on game improvements. I know Red & Pardner at least are mapping and maybe your wishes will be granted. And your proposition 2 is still in discussion somewhere in that forum... (see firstly Weapon damage and range thread, but few thread are also related in our Beta testing section)
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:04 am

hey holliday,
welcome to the forums!

there is currently debating and brainstorming going on about what should be done to make rifles more useful and pistols not too crazy at long distances :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Holliday DDS » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:08 am

Thanks Tequila. I'll check out that thread and maybe post my two cents there... :lol:
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Re: Just a few comments

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:37 am

Holliday DDS wrote:I would like to see most, with a new release... A few new maps.

Lake, although not new to old timers, should make a reappearance. Also the very exciting bank robbery version of Train should be back in action. Updated versions of several existing maps are a guarantee.... both visually enhanced & with bug fixes.
As for "new" maps, Pardner has been showing me nice screenshots of a work in progress but only he can say if it will be ready in time. I have been toying with several new creations but can't seem to commit to one for release. I surely hope to include something new & different though. Time will tell.

Btw, welcome to the forum! :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:As for "new" maps, Pardner has been showing me nice screenshots of a work in progress but only he can say if it will be ready in time.

http://www.moddb.com/members/pardner
I really don't know when I will finish it. I would like it to be included in the next release, but no guarantees. I am really taking my time on this one, and I don't want to feel pressured by a deadline.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:49 am

Pardner wrote:
ReD NeCKersoN wrote:As for "new" maps, Pardner has been showing me nice screenshots of a work in progress but only he can say if it will be ready in time.

http://www.moddb.com/members/pardner
I really don't know when I will finish it. I would like it to be included in the next release, but no guarantees. I am really taking my time on this one, and I don't want to feel pressured by a deadline.

take ur time.. im sure it will be great :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Holliday DDS » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:48 am

Thanks to all of you for the replies, I may soon get into messing around with map making. Not sure what will come of that, but I may feel better about getting on here and complaining, if I am actually trying to contribute myself. :lol:
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:47 pm

If you want, we have spent some time writing tutorials to get people mapping for our game (and also for us in case we forget how to do something). Check out the tutorial section of the forums: viewforum.php?f=32

If you are on windows see this thread for sure: viewtopic.php?t=1491

Sucalakafufu wrote:take ur time.. im sure it will be great :)

GGS last night ;) I haven't been on in a while, was fun.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby SmokeyBacon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:01 pm

On the train BR, will it involve the station? Won't it be good if the robbers started on the station and then had to take the cash there? because then an element of timing would be brought into BR, which would make a nice twist.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby Pardner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:10 pm

In the last version of br_train (pre- stand alone) the defenders spawned at the train engine and the robbers spawned in the caboose. The money was in the double-decker car (the one with the safe in DM). The robbers then had to return to the caboose to win. This way the robbers could run back, or catch the station. I cant remember if the robbers could score while on the station or if they had to jump off to win.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:42 am

SmokeyBacon wrote:Won't it be good if the robbers started on the station and then had to take the cash there? because then an element of timing would be brought into BR, which would make a nice twist.

Having the escape point on the station might be possible but nobody can spawn there for sure. Spawn entities cannot move with the station.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Holliday DDS » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:52 am

Does anyone know how long of a loop, the train has?
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Postby L3th4l » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:27 am

I have a version of train where I put the escape on the station and it works great. There was a minor bug to be sorted out and that's why I haven't released that version.

The loop time is around 1 min. Can't exactly remember as I have not worked on train in about a year..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Holliday DDS » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:23 am

Not sure how possible it is, but thought it would be neat if the train stopped briefly at the station. You could get on and off the train there. Would be neat for DM as well as BR
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Next

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel