With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 pm

dowoshek wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:to crouch requires alot more tactics. if you crouch all the time, you need to be thinking alot more...

Ohh comon :lol:
:wink:

well of course im assuming that u are crouching in order to fight better without dying :P because i havent seen a "camper spot" that there is no way to kill the "camper" if he doesnt move at the right times :)

but if u guys meant crouching as in just crouching in general then: yes it takes no brains at all to just hold the crouch button :P
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:@moRtem: how is running not important? alot of times running is needed in SG or else you will be killed...

Once someone is shooting at you, he is aware of you already. Which means, that no matter whether you run or crouch, the opponent exactly knows where you are. Therefor the better choice is to run then, since you are a faster-moving target then.

But the problem is that crouching/sitting/walking opponents can not be heard and therefor are usually the first to shoot. So basically campers get awarded for sitting around and keeping the patience.

or you will not rob the bank..

how comes? -- because you'd been hardly moving the first 3 mins of the round?

or your target will get away...

Again, this happens once an enemy is aware of you. Basically same answer as to the first point you mentioned (read above).

or you will be a motionless/slow moving target...

and once more the same answer

to crouch requires alot more tactics. if you crouch all the time, you need to be thinking alot more...

i dont think crouching/walking is superior to running except in lower spread... but then that makes sense because a running man would shoot alot less accurately then a standing/crouching man... in most cases anyway :)

No offence, but if you're really serious about that, you should probably spend some time ingame before adding your 2 cents here.

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:29 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:because i havent seen a "camper spot" that there is no way to kill the "camper" if he doesnt move at the right times :)

ever played SantaCruz, cobber, durango, mexico, alamo-tiny ? (i guess in every other map there are such spots aswell..)

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm

@moRtem: yes ive played all of those maps.. countless times.. and ive dealt with campers many times... :)

i have also been in many situations where someone is aware of me, like you stated, and i just run strategically away (as in hiding behind stuff or zig zagging while jumping and crouching at certain times) and lose the person who was shooting at me (this being because he was crouching and was much slower)

the reason why you wouldnt (or should i say it would be harder) to rob the bank while just crouching is that good defenders will probably have at least one or two guys guarding near the banks and have a few more defenders run out then creep around looking for the crouching robbers... on those maps you've mentioned, crouching can be used as a tool for both the robbers and defenders pretty evenly (except maybe in cobber which may give the robbers a bit more crouch advantage)

yes campers cannot be heard... but if one is camping, then he isn't moving much at all anyway. which means he wouldn't be heard either way... they are usually the first to shoot, in my opinion, because they are in a good spot to see more of the action without being seen too easily. not so much because they cannot be heard... i have killed many campers by sneaking up (by crouching) and slashing them up! or even by running in (making alot of noise) when i hear them reloading :)

of course this is all based on my opinion but to me crouching isn't too badly off balanced with running.. walking on the other hand seems sort of useless :|
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:42 am

Crouching, walking, camping are all strategy choices & nothing more. Let's keep the thread on topic guys. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Crouching, walking, camping are all strategy choices & nothing more. Let's keep the thread on topic guys. :wink:

thanks ReD. was tryin ta say that but also explain my logic but your right we got way off topic :|
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Well,

I just fix my previous post as I forgot to put the 2/3 max reduction damation part in the [2*range;10*range] range part... Btw the formula was right in the online comparing document.

Then, I still prepared an update for next beta release so we will be able to test it soon. A new 'g_bulletDamage' cvar will be added for that. Do you think we should be able to vote for the preferred bullet damage system ?

Anyway, I would expect more comment. I still thanks moRtem for his "on topic" comment. I mostly agree with you.
;)
About spread, we still need to keep it for shotguns, so it will always be there. But btw I'm agree to set up a test server where there won't be any spread on pistol and rifle guns, and with the new formula.
To comment your response:
2a) moRtem asked "what exactly does this mean when shooting at someone in close-range, mid-range, far-range?": this should mean you'll have a little uncertainty on what body part you'll hit.
moRtem said "but again: i am not a fan of random aspects in games", lowering spread as I proposed goes in that way, less random aspects... I still don't know if completely remove randomness is good.
2b) About accuracy gauge system, I agree this may be not a good idea, but this still only could be a "disabled by default" option, nothing else. So if people hate it, admins can just live it disabled.

About players style moving slowly, I think this will give you a good reason to just hate them and wanting to give them some lesson... Hating people is some a way a western rule... isn't it ? Thanks to us and Smokin'Guns, we can just play to hate people, not really hate them
;)

About not making noise when crouching/walking, maybe we can add random sound there... like a spur sound... of course, another admin game option disabled by default.

About movement fixing, we should open another thread. Can you initiate it as you seems to have some ideas about it ? Thanks.
Maybe giving an option to admins to disable crouching/walking advantage can be useful. So we can just activate it for BR games for example.
Also maybe people should be able to vote for such feature.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby mLy! » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Since no one has mentioned it: the winchecster shotgun needs more damage.

And about those extra voting options, tequila; I don't think thats a good idea...
Most players wont understand it, it will only split up this (tiny) community.
Or at least make an option to disable those votes. (Not the general novotes cmd that disables all votes)
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:04 pm

mLy! wrote:Since no one has mentioned it: the winchecster shotgun needs more damage.

Well we torhu's new commands you'll be able as dedicated server admin to tune yourself the winchester damage.

mLy! wrote:And about those extra voting options, tequila; I don't think thats a good idea...
Most players wont understand it, it will only split up this (tiny) community.
Or at least make an option to disable those votes. (Not the general novotes cmd that disables all votes)

This is still only a discussion, but you're right about adding cvar to disable such voting feature.We will keep that in mind.
Thanks for the remind
;)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Rct. Tsoul » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:56 am

A 45 Long Colt bullet will F**k you up, no mater what the range, its the Drop that limits its effectivness to Kill or cause damage once it hits the ground.
Rct. Tsoul
Pistolero

Postby Holliday DDS » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:41 am

If i understand right, you are proposing that servers be able to configure things like weapon damage/spread, sounds, and certain gameplay features. For me that doesn't sound good. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I play on about 5 different servers. How would I be aware what the settings were on each server? Because if settings were different, I would want to know so I could change my strategy.
Holliday DDS
Drifter

Postby MsH » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:52 pm

My question about this and this viewtopic.php?t=1670&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 topic..

Do Winchester rifles have more damage in future SG 1.1?

They are so usefull as one remington now.. No, one remington is maybe better..
MsH
Gunslinger

Postby Zivotinja » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 pm

I will repeat my self,dont nerf the shotguns
you can play every other game ,they all have nerfed shotguns and OP spray guns or snipers
why not buffing the shotguns?
Zivotinja
Newcomer

Re:

Postby Louise1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:11 am

Holliday DDS wrote:If i understand right, you are proposing that servers be able to configure things like weapon damage/spread, sounds, and certain gameplay features. For me that doesn't sound good. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I play on about 5 different servers. How would I be aware what the settings were on each server? Because if settings were different, I would want to know so I could change my strategy.

Wanna know this game play, and I wanna know the functions of the said weapon.
Louise1
Newcomer

Previous

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel