With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

br_clayborn

Postby Plates » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:55 am

EDIT: Updated Jan 16th, 2009

Beta 2.0
=== Download page (1.3mb) ===

Some Updated Screenshots:
Last edited by Plates on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Plates
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:04 am

I've been following progress of this map for awhile. Quality work in the editor. Will be fun to see how gameplay pans out. We'll mention this in our next news post. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:02 am

some of CWNN and BACON clans have tested it and we like it :) interesting map Languid. i think its very unique out of the SG maps we already have :] should be fun trying it with a larger amount of people
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Plates » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:21 am

Sucalakafufu wrote:some of CWNN and BACON clans have tested it and we like it :) interesting map Languid. i think its very unique out of the SG maps we already have :] should be fun trying it with a larger amount of people

Yeah, this version is a bit more cleaned up and a couple things improved because of the feedback I got from you guys, :D thanks alot for testing it earlier.
Plates
Pistolero

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 am

@Languid: no problem! it was fun! :D ok downloading the new pk3 now. we will be sure to try this one too :)
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:30 am

I haven't been following the development as close as Red so I am looking forward to testing it out!

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Allied » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 pm

I really like the looks of this map! I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out in a BR game :).

Congrats on a great job Plates.
Allied
Quick Draw

Postby iap » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:24 am

I Love It! 8)

(And I'm tired of playing with the bots, they always take the same rout and always shoot at me... I mean, the bots from my team...)
iap
Pistolero

Postby Plates » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:14 am

iap wrote:And I'm tired of playing with the bots, they always take the same rout and always shoot at me... I mean, the bots from my team...

The Bots are setup to only use half the map basicly, because when they get into the closed off warehouse area they get lost and rounds never end.
Plates
Pistolero

Postby dowoshek » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:49 am

Nice work - looks like a potential Durango killer :wink:

The weak point may be that there are only 2 tunnels to go from robbers spawn to defenders and vice versa (potentially very monotonous gameplay).

Also terraces near the defenders spawn (in the right and bottom-right on the overview) seems almost useless - maybe moving the bank from tunnel to the tavern (green dot) would make them more useful. Then you could join tunnels like the white line on the picture to give robbers better possibility to sneak on the terraces. Also placing many boxes like for example white dots on the picture would make a lot more possibilities, make the gameplay more interesting and the camping bastards on the terraces not so powerful ;)
3476_br_claybornoverview_2.jpg
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:05 pm

dowoshek wrote:The weak point may be that there are only 2 tunnels to go from robbers spawn to defenders and vice versa (potentially very monotonous gameplay).

there actually is a secret tunnel from one of the normal tunnels that goes underground and comes up UNDER a bank :)
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby dowoshek » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:there actually is a secret tunnel from one of the normal tunnels that goes underground and comes up UNDER a bank :)

Yes, but it doesn't change a lot as it is connected with one of the main tunnels and also can be easily protected by the same guys that are already watching the exit of the other tunnel.
3476_br_claybornoverview2_2.jpg
Right and bottom-right parts of the map will mostly stay useless and unused.

Another idea is to add second exit from one of the tunnels (green line on the picture).
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby SmokeyBacon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:51 am

I agree with putting in a third route from the robber spawn area with the houses to the courtyard, allowing access to the terraces for the robbers as well as the defenders.

This is my idea:

3451_ffdfww_1.jpg

I think the best place for the third route is the door in the wall at the red spot in the picture. Make it a proper door or just an open passageway, it doesn't matter.

And to help the terraces become more accessible for robbers, either:

Add a ladder to the side of the saloon where the green spot is, allowing access to the roof.

OR

Put a door/destructible hole etc on the wall separating the interior of the saloon and the small jail area leading to the terraces, at the blue spot.

Anyway, that's just my idea. Providing 3 routes through the big central wall will also open up the house area to the defenders to enable them to catch robbers running for the exit.

Otherwise, I think this is a fabulous map and will make a great addition to the game, good work Plates!
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby Redwing » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:06 am

I like the map. It's got a whole lot of potential. I think the suggestions above are good ones. One thing I'd like to see are some columns on the terraces to hide behind. A robber could exit the jail-bank from the roof and run across the terraces, but there's not enough cover to make it through.

Another problem is, it's not much fun to play with bots...
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Plates » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:15 am

Thanks for the Feedback so far. I'm changing the map to add another entrance to open area with bank building, as well as fix a few cosmetic things pointed out on the IRC (Thanks El Barto).

SmokeyBacon wrote:I think the best place for the third route is the door in the wall at the red spot in the picture. Make it a proper door or just an open passageway, it doesn't matter.

There was originally a second entrance straight through to open area with bank (the unusable door by the saloon was open) , but it had to be cut for performance. I couldn't figure out a way to fit proper clipping in there, Reading this thread has given me some ideas though. Undecided if I will open it.

Redwing wrote:Another problem is, it's not much fun to play with bots...

When I was laying out the AI markers, two things would happen; bots would either run back and forth inside the warehouse, or both teams would just do circuits around the map in the same direction. The warehouse area is bot clipped off and there are no AI markers in it to keep from causing endless rounds.
Plates
Pistolero

Next

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel