With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Would you like Smokin'Guns to come with a CTF-like gametype in a future release ?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 am

Yes, please, please, please
38%
Yes, it could be fun
46%
No, don't loose your time
8%
I really don't know
8%

Total votes : 26

Postby dowoshek » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 pm

mLy! wrote:Bad idea tbh.
First team to get point get gatlin: strongest/leadin team gets advantage over slower team? -> hello 10-0

Placing gatlins near base is also stupid: newbies/campers will use them.

Hmm... we already give money for killing and robbing... so the better you are the more money/support you get... Are you sure you played this game before? ;)

And speaking seriously.. yes that's how it works - the first team that will manage to rob will be rewarded first - just like for killing and robbing. That's additional motivation to rob, not to sit on your bottoms.

And about newbies using gatling... hey what is wrong with that? Let them have fun sometime... Gatling should be a precious tool for defending the base - so there'd be nothing wrong with camping with gatling.

Try to think about this mode as BLOOD and ACTION mode - not many in common with what we have now... sneaking and waiting.
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Even if i'd be the first who robbed, i wouldn't want to recieve a gatling - not even for free.

And tbh i don't think gatlings are that much of an issue. Players using gatling can be killed easily (as long as you are able to aim at their full body).

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Well you obviously missed the point, but its not rly important as long as there is no such thing as free or static gatlins like what I though you ment.

And yes i played this game before, I am the one you frequently call 'aimbot' 'cheater' and 'wallhacker' etc...

dowoshek wrote:
mLy! wrote:Bad idea tbh.
First team to get point get gatlin: strongest/leadin team gets advantage over slower team? -> hello 10-0

Placing gatlins near base is also stupid: newbies/campers will use them.

Hmm... we already give money for killing and robbing... so the better you are the more money/support you get... Are you sure you played this game before? ;)

And speaking seriously.. yes that's how it works - the first team that will manage to rob will be rewarded first - just like for killing and robbing. That's additional motivation to rob, not to sit on your bottoms.

And about newbies using gatling... hey what is wrong with that? Let them have fun sometime... Gatling should be a precious tool for defending the base - so there'd be nothing wrong with camping with gatling.

Try to think about this mode as BLOOD and ACTION mode - not many in common with what we have now... sneaking and waiting.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby dowoshek » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Actually, it's not only you receiving gatling but also/mainly your team. Just place it and for sure there'll be someone who will find much pleasure using it with much profits for team :)

Mortem, you should notice that in BR mode gatlings are usually lost "in action" when the owner is killed and just don't pass to next round... so it's usually too expensive and pointless to buy it. But imagine a continuous mode when the risk of losing so much money for one round pleasure is not so big... It's usually easy to cope one gatling as it happen in BR but what about 3 or more gatlings in good strategic points near base... But ok, I guess "testing" is the keyword here.

Anyway... gatlings don't have to be awarded, they could simple be bought but only by limited number of players in team.

@mLy: take i easy my friend, I think you missed my irony - look at the emoticon on the end of my sentence when answering to your post: >>> :wink: <<<
Yes we already know you are "the best one" :lol: I also never call anybody a cheater without proof - I just leave the server if i feel sth is wrong... But let's talk about modes, and preferably with sensible arguments please :) ("stupid" is not one of them ;)
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:15 pm

i think that limiting a number of gattlings per team is the best way to go.. we can let gattlings disappear like they normally do and we can let them be bought like they normally are.. chances are if u want a gattling u can buy them pretty quickly if u rob enough. so a gattling disappearing isnt too bad in this mode since there is no "end of round" to make it disappear faster. if a gattling disappears u can just buy a new one since its continuous play :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby dowoshek » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:33 am

20 votes and 1 alternative vision of this kind of mode... damn, our SG-community is probably even smaller than I thought :(

C'mon dev-team - put STB in codelines and I gurantee 100% increase per month 8) :lol:
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:01 am

dowoshek wrote:20 votes and 1 alternative vision of this kind of mode... damn, our SG-community is probably even smaller than I thought :(

C'mon dev-team - put STB in codelines and I gurantee 100% increase per month 8) :lol:

lol idk about the increase in players... it would increase a bit but alot of players who dont prefer SG dont prefer it because they only like machine guns... or cant get used to using slower weapons :P at least the people ive met who prefer games like COD, or UT
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Sucalakafufu wrote:players who dont prefer SG dont prefer it because they only like machine guns... or cant get used to using slower weapons :P at least the people ive met who prefer games like COD, or UT

A few players i know of, who tested the game, didn't like it because of one (or multiple) of those reasons:

- too slow
- too campy
- inaccurate guns
- major bugs

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:17 pm

A lot of players just don't like the western genre as well, but let's try to stay on topic. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:31 pm

Yeah, and our goal is not to remake a game that have been made hundreds of time before.

I'm the one who vote 'no' to the poll.
I want new gametype too, but more in 'western theme'. All game have CTF, if I want to play CTF, I can play another game.
I would have more interest for something really new, an original concept.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:24 am

Joe Kari wrote:I would have more interest for something really new, an original concept.

You ever play Jailbreak Q3? I would love to see a Jailbreak SG!
Last edited by Pardner on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:37 am

Pardner wrote:
Joe Kari wrote:I would have more interest for something really new, an original concept.

You ever play Jailbreak Q3? I would love to see a Jailbreak SG!

yah that would be cool! El Ejcovero was telling me the other day that he would like to see something like that in SG :P maybe like how Clint blows that guy out of jail in the Dollar Trilogy? except that guy would be your teammate! (probably a bot teammate) :D
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 am

I think the point of the original post is to introduce more exciting gameplay, if not exactly unique. (A totally fresh gametype would be great too of course.)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby dowoshek » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:16 am

Joe Kari wrote:Yeah, and our goal is not to remake a game that have been made hundreds of time before.

I'm the one who vote 'no' to the poll.
I want new gametype too, but more in 'western theme'. All game have CTF, if I want to play CTF, I can play another game.
I would have more interest for something really new, an original concept.

Holy cow! You must be one of the two guys I saw playing Duel last month!? Pure "originality", indeed :wink:

Joe, any concrete idea? I think nobody in here would mind seeing some "original and visionary" mode in SG as long as there are more than few people willing to play it more often than once a week for half an hour... So, just shoot, cowboy!

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I think the point of the original post is to introduce more exciting gameplay, if not exactly unique. (A totally fresh gametype would be great too of course.)

Exactly.
Let's start with some crappy CTF that "we can also play in ANY(?) other FPS" to build a decent amount of people playing SG and then there's a chance that after some time some of them will also find more "original" modes interesting and even Duel games will be played daily by many players - this way there's a great profit not only for CTF fanatics but also for the ones that want to play only "original" modes. And that's the time to experiment with "originality". It really doesn't work the other way... because acting the other way is simply making a game for a dozen of players, not for community. :|
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:33 pm

just some quick thinking, how about

BR maps with DM spawnpoints
Robbers have to rob 5 times
Continues spawn times (i.e. every 30 seconds)

Very little coding work i guess
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

PreviousNext

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel