With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Postby Plates » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:17 am

There's a new version of Clayborn, more passage ways. It's the same Bot AI as before. I've updated the original post with some new links and images.

Changes:
-2 New opening in the area with bank
-New passageway
-New Second floor room above the original entrance to courtyard, with 3 openings
-some more Crates
-other minor fixes
Plates
Pistolero

Postby dowoshek » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:20 pm

This map kicks ass now :lol: Nice job Plates. I'd only try to add some boxes to hide behind on the main square near main bank.

Definitely in 1.1 please :)
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:18 pm

:D
With the just relased v1.1b4, the map has been set up on the Beta servers.

So to anyone, join the public beta, and try this map online. You may only have to set autodownload to "On" in the main option menu after you got the last engine if you're so lazy to get that map from its current location :P
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:05 pm

I also uploaded it as Addon on Moddb site:
BR Clayborn fan map
Tequila
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Was testing with Chico & he mentioned two things to me on TS. Keep in mind these are only aesthetic observations & don't neccesarily need changing for gameplay. (Looks funny though.)
The palm trees look like there are lighted incorrectly? Did you try "spawnflags 4" for the models?
19_palms_1.jpg
Scale was also mentioned. Most everything looks ok, but the well seems huge. Kinda makes us feel like we are midgets, hehe. Same thing could be said for some of the ladders.
19_well_1.jpg
An easy way around the well is to turn it into an ase model, then scale it down & apply weapon_clip. Don't forget spawnflags 4.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Twig » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Gave it a try with bots. Didn't have time to test it that much but from what i've seen so far it looks and feels great. A bit different from the present maps, which is a good thing.

I didn't notice the huge well but like Red said some of the ladders felt very large. I think one of these was right next to the spawns? might remember wrong though.
SG name: mS//Twig
Twig
Pistolero

Previous

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel