With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Game server information & questions.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor

"no authorization supported for q3ut4 game"

Postby Courgette » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:44 am

Hi,

I very new to the SG thing. I have a spare server for a few weeks and thought that I'll give this game a try.

I set up a server (178.32.33.32:22222) v1.1b4 and everything seems to be fine.

But when I try to join my server I hang at the "Awaiting connection" step with the message "no authorization supported for q3ut4 game" and "Smokin' Gun magic on cl_motdString applied"

I suppose this comes from the server as I'm able to connect to other v1.1b4 servers. I was unable to find anything related to this message and i'm left confused :?

Hopefully some of the server admins here have the obvious reason for this issue :D

my config is
Code: Select all
//Smokin' Guns server configuration.
// Lines with "//" in front of them are ignored by the server. Remove or add these lines to activate or deactivate command lines.

// Administrator Info
sets Admin "Courgette"
sets Email "courgette AT ubu-team.org"

// Server Name and Daily Message
set sv_hostname "www.bigbrotherbot.com dev Server"
sets g_motd "www.bigbrotherbot.com - Game administration bot test"// This is the message that will be displayed during loading.
sets sv_Location "France"
sets MOD_URL "forum.smokin-guns.org"
sets IRC     "#bigbrotherbot @ irc.quakenet.org"

// Game Settings
set sv_maxclients "12"      // The maximum number of connected clients allowed.
//set g_maxGameClients ""  // The maximum number of players that can actually join into the game.  All other connected clients can only Spectate.
//set sv_privateClients "2"   // sv_privateClients and sv_privatePassword allow for private slots on the server.  Example:  If sv_maxclients = 16 and sv_privateClients = 2 then there will be 14 public slots and 2 private.
set g_gametype "4"          // 0 = deathmatch, 1 = duel, 3 = team deathmatch, 4 = round teamplay, 5 = bank robbery
set fraglimit "25"           // 0 = none
set timelimit "20"          // 0 = none
set duellimit "2"      // 0 = none
set scorelimit "10"   // 0 = none
set g_roundtime "4"     // 0 = none
set g_dowarmup "1"      // Set to 1 to enable a warmup counter before the match starts.
set g_warmup "20"       // Number of seconds the warmup lasts.
set g_friendlyFire "1"  // 0 = off, 1 = on
set g_chaseonly "0"   // 0 = off, 1 = on - Enables or disables free spectator mode.
set g_specsareflies "0" // 0 = off, 1 = on
set g_splitchat "1"   // 0 = off, 1 = on - Spectators can't chat with players when set to 1. Set to 0 for deathmatch servers.
set g_delagHitscan "1"   // 1 = delagging code enabled, 0 = disabled
set g_smoothclients "1"
set g_deathcam "1"      // 0 = off, 1 = on  Affects point of view upon being killed.

// duel
set du_enabletrio "0"   // 0 = off, 1 = on
set du_forcetrio "0"   // 0 = off, 1 = on

// teamnames
set g_redteamname "Outlaws"
set g_blueteamname "Lawmen"

// Passwords
set rconpassword "xxxxxxxxxxx"        // Remote administration password.
//set sv_privatePassword ""  // Password for private slots on server.  Client enters password by typing "set password -----" at the console.
//set g_password ""          // Used to password protect the server.  Client enters password by typing "set password -----" at the console.

// Bot Setup
set bot_enable "0"      // 0 = off, 1 = on
set bot_minplayers "3"  // This command manages the addition/removal of autobots.  Bots will leave if there is not enough room on the server. As people join, the bots remove themselves one at a time to allow room for the addition of players.
set bot_noBR "1"        // set to 1 to disable automatic (bot_minplayers) adding of bots in bank robbery
set bot_noDuel "1"      // set to 1 to disable automatic adding (bot_minplayers) of bots in duels
set bot_nochat "1"      //set to 1 disables the bot chats
set g_spskill "3"       // Sets bot skill. 1 is easiest with 5 being the hardest.

// Server Settings
set sv_pure "1"             // A Pure server will only let users connect if they have the exact same .pk3 files in their SG directory as the server does.  Helps stop cheaters from using modified code.
set g_allowvote "1"         // 0 = off, 1 = on
set sv_allowdownload "1"    // 0 = off, 1 = on
set gamename "smokinguns"
set sv_maxRate "25000"      // Sets the maximum allowable rate a client may have set when connected to the server. A suggested setting is 8000 or 10000 so server bandwidth is not used up by high speed clients, thus allowing modem players to have a smoother game.
set g_log "server.log"   // This is to set the name of the output file.  By default it's "games.log".
set g_logsync "1" 
set g_inactivity 3000    // Number of seconds before an inactive player is kicked.
set sv_floodprotect "1"  // 0 = off, 1 = on
set sv_strictAuth "0"
set g_filterBan "1"

// Master Servers
seta sv_master1 "master.quake3arena.com"  // By default the server will report to the Id Software master server.
// The server can report to a maximum of 5 master servers.

// FFA/TDM/RTP map cycle
// (...) other map cycle related stuff
Courgette
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:41 pm

But when I try to join my server I hang at the "Awaiting connection" step with the message "no authorization supported for q3ut4 game" and "Smokin' Gun magic on cl_motdString applied"

Are you trying to run SG as a mod for Quake3 or Urban Terror?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Courgette » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 pm

nop from SG. But I do have Urban Terror installed on the same computer.
Anyway I can join other SG servers...
Courgette
Newcomer

Postby /dev/random » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm

There is no reason why SG should use q3ut4 (as fs_game). Is your server start script correct?
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Courgette » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 pm

I start the server with :
Code: Select all
+set dedicated 2 +set fs_homepath /opt/SmokinGuns/ +set fs_game q3ut4 +set net_port 22222 +exec server.cfg +set com_hunkmeg 128

EDIT: O.M.G! you right, with on earth did I put fs_game q3ut4 here ? This explain why I could not find any reference to this error message on these forums :)
Why are the most stupid mistake the one you never see ?

Thanks a lot for your support.
Last edited by Courgette on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Courgette
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 pm

so why start Smokin' Guns with "+set fs_game q3ut4" ??

If you are launching Smokin' Guns with the smokinguns.exe (x86) then you don't need to use any fs_game. fs_game is used for launching a mod and since Smokin' Guns is not longer a mod fs_game is no longer needed.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Just for the record, it's com_hunkmegs. :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Courgette » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Thx again. It works now. facepalm...

I spent too much years around UrbanTerror server I guess :roll:
Courgette
Newcomer

Return to Telegraph Station

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel