With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Backwards draw?

Postby BlackMagicSS » Sun May 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Would anyone else besides me like to see the "backwards draw" make it into the game as an option for players? Im not sure how we could make it work. But it would be pretty neat. Wild Bill hickok used it. Think it would make a cool option. http://mojavemuleskinners.com/images/wi ... inting.jpg

Ideas?
BlackMagicSS
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon May 17, 2010 4:48 am

Not sure what you mean by backwards draw.
Pistols holstered in reverse to normal, as seen in your photo?
Would require an experienced modeller/animator I believe... and we're in short supply around here. Nice idea for Hickock fans, but can't recall pistols carried in this fashion in any spaghetti westerns that I've seen.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Charlie Prince did in the 3:10 remake:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MMb6TduOj0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MMb6TduOj0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pardner
SG Team

Postby BlackMagicSS » Tue May 18, 2010 12:50 am

Yeah itd be crazy hard. But its just an idea that i threw out there. Maybe one day guys.
BlackMagicSS
Drifter

Postby RailedRobin » Wed May 19, 2010 11:43 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Not sure what you mean by backwards draw.
Would require an experienced modeller/animator I believe... and we're in short supply around here. Nice idea for Hickock fans, but can't recall pistols carried in this fashion in any spaghetti westerns that I've seen.

I think Billy the Kid does it in Young Guns 1.
There are some variations of it, lika the crow holster, or cross holster. This is actually more historical correct than the SG method, since that kind of holster was invented by Hollywood :wink:

In the movie The Quick and the Dead there are a lot of variants of this. Also, there's a scene where Russel Crowe is presented with three different pistols: a Remington 1858, a Smith & Wesson Schofield and a Colt Peacemaker :wink:
A bullet may have your name on it, but dynamite is addressed "to whom it may concern."
RailedRobin
Quick Draw

Postby BlackMagicSS » Sat May 22, 2010 4:41 am

RailedRobin wrote:
ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Not sure what you mean by backwards draw.

I think Billy the Kid does it in Young Guns 1.
There are some variations of it, lika the crow holster, or cross holster. This is actually more historical correct than the SG method, since that kind of holster was invented by Hollywood :wink:

In the movie The Quick and the Dead there are a lot of variants of this. Also, there's a scene where Russel Crowe is presented with three different pistols: a Remington 1858, a Smith & Wesson Schofield and a Colt Peacemaker :wink:

wait there is a Smokin Guns version of this?
BlackMagicSS
Drifter

Postby RailedRobin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:43 pm

BlackMagicSS wrote:
RailedRobin wrote:I think Billy the Kid does it in Young Guns 1.

wait there is a Smokin Guns version of this?

Sorry for not answering until now, I managed to miss your reply :(

What I meant was that the kind of holster that is used in SG was made by hollywood. You know, the holster that sits on your right leg and you draw your gun with your right hand. Although the holster in SG sits on the hip of the characters... This is the spaghetti western version of holsters and drawing your gun, but I've read that in reality this was probably not the common way to wield your guns.
Just wanted to contribute some fun facts :wink: I did not mean that there's a backwards draw in SG or anything like it. Sorry for the confusion.
A bullet may have your name on it, but dynamite is addressed "to whom it may concern."
RailedRobin
Quick Draw

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel