With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Clan 411

Postby Sardonicus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Was wondering if someone could give me some general info on the clans... What is the point? what are the benefits or detriments (if any) of joining a clan? I have no desire to join one because I prefer the idea of the solitary gunslinger, but I am asking because the other night as I was playing I kept getting asked to join a certain clan (I won't mention any names) and it made me curious because honestly, I am not yet a very good player and I could not figure out why they would want me. And then again last night I saw the same person going around repeating; ' "__" is the best clan' over and over and the replies he was getting were like "yeah right" and "heard it before buddy" and stuff like that. Anyway, sorry for being so long winded but if someone could give some general info it would be appreciated.

~peace

*edit* I missed the last of your message, no I don't think I have ever played with zIu....
Last edited by Sardonicus on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sardonicus
Drifter

Postby LuckyGenDago » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:45 pm

sorry for that question ... but who are you ingame :-)
did we play together onetimes??
[IngameName] mS.Dago
TS Admin
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Sardonicus

Postby Sardonicus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:51 pm

My ingame name is the same as here on the forum; Sardonicus. I am not sure If we have played or not man, but I seem to remember playing someone named "Dago" Is that you?
Sardonicus
Drifter

Postby LuckyGenDago » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:59 am

Thats me but the name is dead since a long time!

greetings

zIu
[IngameName] mS.Dago
TS Admin
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby Twig » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:56 am

To be honest most of the clans in-game exist from 2 days to a few weeks. They most likely consist of the younger or newer players. There are clans that have been around for a longer time and i'd say benefits of being in a stable clan are the option of participating in 1day tournaments and clan leagues that are arranged. Random clan battles are also arranged via the sg.wars irc channel. Within clans communication should be much better so it allows actual tactics and roles that you rarely get in a public group. Always fun to kick some ass. And if not, you have some clan mates to goof around with.

Here is the link to the SG clanwars forum. You can find info on previous and upcoming events, recruit for a clan/look for a clan. Check it out and register :)

http://sg-wars.forumotion.net/forum.htm
SG name: mS//Twig
Twig
Pistolero

Postby Mart Duggan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Yeah I had a couple invites too, I think it was DX. Not sure why they would want me, must have never seen me play. :D I would never join DX, at least one of their members cheats, jumping in and out to spectate (spy) on players.

I find most players are friendly and play for fun, which is my only reason for playing. I wouldn't mind teaming up with some in a match or tourney. I would never call it a clan though, it would have to be a Posse! 8)

I
Mart Duggan
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:11 pm

What twig said is correct, but I would add that playing in a clan usually makes the players better, at least that is my intention for the players I recruted into my clan.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby SmokeyBacon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:53 am

Playing in a clan would certainly help for you to learn some of the more fiddly points of the game, and would really help you to get to know many of the players in the community. Some clans are more serious about skill than others, I'd say clans like mine (Team BACON) and CWNN are quite casual and laid back when it comes to clan play (we all suck). We often just play together and have a laugh, and get involved in the occasional clanwar. Who knows, maybe we'll beat nox or mS one day.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby Spanish_Broomaker » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:08 am

Hey, BACON can beat mS any day! :lol:
PC Gaming with El Ejcovero

Yo soy: El Ejcovero
Clan Tag: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Spanish_Broomaker
Drifter

Postby Twig » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:25 am

Smokey, you make it sound like mly is leading us with an iron fist and we have a training schedule and nazi propaganda on repeat on teamspeak :D
SG name: mS//Twig
Twig
Pistolero

Postby SmokeyBacon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 am

Twig wrote:Smokey, you make it sound like mly is leading us with an iron fist and we have a training schedule and nazi propaganda on repeat on teamspeak :D

Not too far off though am I? :lol:
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel