With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Let's face it, SG could sure use some talented modellers.

Moderator: Joe Kari

Learn the basis of Misfit Model 3D + a simple tree tutorial

Postby Joe Kari » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:04 am

I have made a tutorial for learning the basis of Misfit Model 3D, and modelize a tree on my blog.

I hope you will like it, cause I have spent a very long time on it ! 8)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 am

Very nice tutorial. I will give this a try as soon as I can.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:16 am

Nice! I've been wanting something like this. Thanks for your time to post a tutorial. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:30 pm

I have written a second part of the tree tutorial, that improve the foliage effect.

I'm pretty proud of the result 8)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby RailedRobin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Nice done Joe! The final result looks really good! I tried to use misfit, and doing your tutorial, and while I perfectly understood the tutorial, I didn't really like misfit. It gets a little too "jittery" after a while, the more verticles on the model, the harder to see and work with it in misfit. At least that's how i experience it. Hopefully others are having a much easier time dealing with the program than I :wink:
A bullet may have your name on it, but dynamite is addressed "to whom it may concern."
RailedRobin
Quick Draw

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:37 pm

In fact, there are few things to know about selecting vertices/faces efficiently with Misfit :

1/ use one wireframe view as an orthographic view (you can Ctrl+click + drag your mouse on a view to move around your object, and Ctrl+mousewheel over a view to rotate it)

2/ select roughtly your vertices/faces/whatever

3/ deselect things you don't want to manipulate

4/ if you can't deselect extra stuff at once, move around (1/) and deselect (3/), and do it until you have only what you want.

Remember: always select roughly THEN deselect. (For example, it is impossible de select a face without selecting some backface, that why the deselecting phase come after).

BTW, you can use "grouping" extensively, then you can easily "hide" part of the geometry. So even when you have a lot of vertices, hiding 75% of them allow you to model particular things without loosing time and nerves.

I can ensure you, that using Misfit is really far more easier than using GTKRadiant for example.
(Of course, Misfit is designed for creating map object not a whole scene, but working on object with GTKRadiant is definitively bad).
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby RailedRobin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks!
Is there any way to change the color of the verticles? My main problem is that everything is white, which kinda makes everything blend together when viewing in mesh mode. Having a different color on the verticles would really help.
A bullet may have your name on it, but dynamite is addressed "to whom it may concern."
RailedRobin
Quick Draw

Postby Joe Kari » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:57 pm

I don't think you can change vertices color.

The model you are working on have how many faces ?
I have some 1200 faces models, and it remains workable for me.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby !NuB!Donut » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Joe Kari thank you a lot for your nice tutorial. It helped me a lot especial the part about the MD3 Meta data.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby gunner joe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 pm

So i need this to build weapons and models?
♥♥Sweet smell of smokin guns!♥♥
gunner joe
Drifter

Return to Modelling & Animation

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel