With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Sugestion: Punching

Postby kaiyouw » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 am

Howdy folks

I just finished watching a western movie, and I noticed that few people carried knives with them. I know its a nice weapon for SG, but in the movies we see a lot more of punches and fist fights... It would be real fun if we had some of those in SG, dont you guys agree?

So, this is what I though: The "1" weapon could be fists, and if we punch another fellow 2 times, they would fall on the floor for like... 10 secs? Not dead, just knocked out... perhaps with 1 HP left, that would be nice.
Then, if someone shoots this guy, he is dead. If not, he get up again. Would be nice to make some... traps, like, pretend to be dead haha could be really fun. Everybody would shoot corpses, just to make sure they are dead :D

About the knife, well, last night I was playing True Combat Elite and I realized the knife system works good in the game, you can kill someone with 1 stab only. You can do the same in The Wild West.

My suggestion: we replace the free knife for punches, and you can buy knives. If you do, you have a knife instead of the punches, and 1 stab with the knife could kill someone, instead of 2. Of course knives would be more expensive. What do you think?
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Re: Sugestion: Punching

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 am

We don't have a modeller/animator.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby kaiyouw » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:34 am

I know... and that sucks, but its ok. I just wanted to give the suggestion, maybe someday in the future we get one, and the idea will be here :D
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby ^SDE^Evans » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 am

kekekeke:)
Who knows .... the future has a mod or game option to fight with clean hands:)
I think means impossible ... because it is a game "new"
^SDE^Evans
Shootist

Re: Sugestion: Punching

Postby hellraiser » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:18 am

kaiyouw wrote:Howdy folks
I just finished watching a western movie, and I noticed that few people carried knives with them. I know its a nice weapon for SG, but in the movies we see a lot more of punches and fist fights... It would be real fun if we had some of those in SG, dont you guys agree?

Yes I think it may be a simple addiction: add fists not replace knives!

anyway I think they will be used a few times cause lead/steel intoxication are the first and the second causes of death in game :D , but however I like to see them in the game!

conclusion: +1
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby WTF BOOM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:21 pm

yeah im really not one that uses knives a lot so punching might be a good addition, but the more expensive knives... not so much.
WTF BOOM
Drifter

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel