With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Let's face it, SG could sure use some talented modellers.

Moderator: Joe Kari

Postby Pardner » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Quick comment, you don't need to include:
  • head.hit
  • holster.tga
  • holster_l.MD3
  • holster_r.MD3
  • lower.hit
  • upper.hit

These are included in sg_pak0.pk3. Due to the names of your pk3s, your files are being over written by the sg_pak0 files anyway.

Glad to see them up on Moddb

Pardner
SG Team

Postby kaiyouw » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:49 am

Man, I cant put in words how much I liked your work... I would totally play with any of your indians, and the one you called Geronimo is my favourite skin of all times. Please make sure they include all them in the next version!
And keep the good work, Ive seen your Remington remake, and I like it a lot. When you get confortable with your modelling and animating skills, and if you have the time, you could start thinking about making new weapons for SG (maybe indian weapons), that would be cool. Or if you feel like making new skins, maybe you could work on a fat guy skin, would look really nice and funny haha
Imagine a fat guy named Pancho running and shooting like crazy lol
Then we would have: some guys, 2 girls, indians, and a fat guy... just perfect.

As suggestions for futere versions, would be nice if each class had some advantages and weaknesses, so each playe could choose the class that adapts better to his/her style... for example, the indians could run more, the guys have more armor, the girls reload faster.... is this too hard to programm? (I have no idea lol)

Another great thing would be a talking system like the one in Counter Strike, when you hit a button and you have several lines such as "yes", "no", "follow me".... How hard would it be to do that, anyone knows?

See you folks
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby MsH » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Wow i love this idea, nice work, nice indians and nice weapon :D
MsH
Gunslinger

Postby !NuB!Donut » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:19 am

When you get confortable with your modelling and animating skills, and if you have the time, you could start thinking about making new weapons for SG (maybe indian weapons), that would be cool

I'm doing this right now

Or if you feel like making new skins, maybe you could work on a fat guy skin, would look really nice and funny haha

Maybe i will make some Civil War players maybe some of them could be fat but before i start working on them i want to finish my new map and weapon projects.

As suggestions for futere versions, would be nice if each class had some advantages and weaknesses, so each playe could choose the class that adapts better to his/her style... for example, the indians could run more, the guys have more armor, the girls reload faster.... is this too hard to programm? (I have no idea lol)

That's not my business i don't know much about scripting and furthermore this would change nearly the complete game. But i'm always glad about new ideas.

Another great thing would be a talking system like the one in Counter Strike, when you hit a button and you have several lines such as "yes", "no", "follow me".... How hard would it be to do that, anyone knows?
I would like such a talking system too but the this would be surely used for spamming. I use for myselve binds to do this. It would be cool if these woulde be with voice like in Battlefield2.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby Lon' » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:45 pm

I really liked u work donnut, but in my opnion the the feather must be bigger to be more like and indian! what u guys think about?

the skin is very nice...
:P

http://sg-sde-clan.webnode.com.br/sde-c ... -soldiers/
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby !NuB!Donut » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I really liked u work donnut, but in my opnion the the feather must be bigger to be more like and indian! what u guys think about?

The idea is good i will think about it but i'm working on lots of projects by now so this have to wait for a while. And i think this need some tests if you can gett still go through a door or a window when the head is so big.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 pm

I solved Camcidgos's problem on Moddb, but this has revealed a problem with your bot files. When I try to add your bots to a game I get the following errors:

Error: Bot 'MangasColoradas' not defined
Error: Bot 'MangasC.Senior' not defined
Error: Bot 'Cochise' not defined
Error: Bot 'Geronimo' not defined

I have not looked into the problem, but I would assume that you copied the bot files from Tuco and Sentenza. Anybody else having this problem?
Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 am

!NuB!Donut wrote: And i think this need some tests if you can gett still go through a door or a window when the head is so big.

Iirc the actual model size does not matter, since all playermodels use the same bounding box. This might not be entirely true with Smokin' Guns, since it has some sort of hitbox implementation, but I guess it's the same for all players either way.

The .bot files need to be placed in scripts/sg_bots/, not in scripts/wq3bots/
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:58 am

The .bot files need to be placed in scripts/sg_bots/, not in scripts/wq3bots/

So i made some tests. If you use to normal SG 1.0 wq3bots is right and all works fine but if you use the SG 1.1 Beta the you need sg_bots.

I have updated this at Moddb
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:14 am

Why don't you zip both sets of bot files together into one single package? That way it will work for both 1.0 players and 1.1 players.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:12 am

I also get the "not defined" error when I try to add them to the game. They appear in the player selection page, but I can't pick them.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Why don't you zip both sets of bot files together into one single package? That way it will work for both 1.0 players and 1.1 players.

good idea.

I also get the "not defined" error when I try to add them to the game. They appear in the player selection page, but I can't pick them.

Normally it should work now. Try my newest version. moddb
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:07 pm

OK, thanks. I guess I have to wait until moddb does an "authorization" of the file?
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Previous

Return to Modelling & Animation

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel