With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Let's face it, SG could sure use some talented modellers.

Moderator: Joe Kari

Postby !NuB!Donut » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:56 pm

I could attempt to record some arrow effects, if you haven't already found some. It's been a long time since I tried this, so I've forgotten where to email or upload them.

It would be very nice if you could make some because it's quite hard to find some free good quality sounds .

If you wouldn't mind I would love to attempt to create another skin/texture for your musket model.

Just PM me so that i can give you the model files and texture i had made (there fore i would need your e-mail). Furthermore I'm a great admirer of your map so you could maybe also give me some mapping advices.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby kaiyouw » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Check out this video, might inspire you guys a little
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ukiFcTN ... re=related
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:31 pm

and take a look on those 2 guns, would be great if we had another sharps rifle and another pistol, such as those:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAWMGPLM ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsovCdna ... re=related
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:02 am

kaiyouw i will keep the videos in mind if i make another gun. I didn't tried my hands at any pistols but i think they are the most difficult weapons to animate. :?

I had made a lot of western guns the last few weeks. I added them to my newest map here are some pictures of them. My personal favorite is the Derringer.

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by !NuB!Donut on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby kaiyouw » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:51 am

Amazing! all of them look very very nice :D
My favourites are the derringer and that pistol with short barrels, the smaller one.
Will you keep them as objects, or do you have plans on making them usable in the game (make the animations, and stuff)?
Anyway, great great work, Donut. And please keep working on that bow, I really liked it and I hope we can shoot some arrows on multiplayer games soon, when next version comes out.
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Will you keep them as objects, or do you have plans on making them usable in the game (make the animations, and stuff)?

I don't know by now. Maybe I will animate the derringer (but I have to think if this weapon would be effectiv. It has only 2 shoots and was quite a close combat weapon). About the outer pistols I think they are to similiar to the already existing pistols.

Btw
The animation of the Springfield Musket is to 80% finish I only need to refine some details.
And about the bow I don't know how far Tequila has come.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby kaiyouw » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Yeah, the derringer would not be very effective, but what about that pistol i sent a video about? its similar to the derringer, and it shoots 4 bullets at the same time, like a tiny shotgun. Would work nicely in SG, would be cool if we had such a pistol to use at very-close combat, like a last desperate attempt to kill the enemy.
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:08 pm

kaiyouw wrote:Yeah, the derringer would not be very effective, but what about that pistol i sent a video about? its similar to the derringer, and it shoots 4 bullets at the same time, like a tiny shotgun.

That pistol had a rotating firing pin... i.e. it only shot 1 bullet at a time and it rotated to the next bullet each time the gun was caulked.

The Derringer pistol might be good if it was caulked during reload and therefore the player could switch to it and very quickly fire (much like the sawed-off)
Pardner
SG Team

Postby kaiyouw » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Oh, really? Anyway, would be nice to have a pistol that works kinda like a small sawed-off :D
I believe the 3 pistols we have are great, and very different of each other. In my analysis, we have:

1-cheap, fast reloading time, small damage, 6 bullets. (remington)
2-medium cost, medium reload time, medium damage, 6 bullets. (schofield)
3-expensive, looong reload time, high damage, 6 bullets. (colt)

I believe that could be completed with:

4-medium cost, medium reload time, medium damage, single action (several bullets at the same time, like a small shotgun).
something like this:
8175_S310_1.jpg

5-very expensive, huge reaload time, huge damage, 6 bullets.
perhaps a long barreled revolver, such as this one:
8175_TenInch_1.jpg
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:21 pm

The real Wyatt Earp used a Colt version called a Buntline that had a reeeal long barrell like that. Greatly increased accuracy too.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:25 pm

and how many bullets it fired before realoading?
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 pm

I found it, 6 bullets. Wow, thats a cool gun :D
Would be nice if we had one of those in Sg, but would be unfair if we could use 2 at the same time, one at each hand lol

8175_Colt_Buntline_Internet_1.jpg
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Wow, ya like being able to fire two Winchesters at the same time! :lol:
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby !NuB!Donut » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:26 am

I found it, 6 bullets. Wow, thats a cool gun Very Happy
Would be nice if we had one of those in Sg, but would be unfair if we could use 2 at the same time, one at each hand

Sorry but i don't like the idea it is just like a big peacemaker.

4-medium cost, medium reload time, medium damage, single action (several bullets at the same time, like a small shotgun).
something like this:

This idea is much better but i think i will animate the Derringer next.

Finally i manged to finish my animations on the musket. (maybe i will change some small details)
I hope a skilled coder can write the codes for this gun.

WP_ANIM_CHANGE = 0-31
WP_ANIM_DROP = 132-141
WP_ANIM_FIRE = 29-42
WP_ANIM_RELOAD =42-77
stab trigger down =100-115
stab trigger up =115-131

Download springfield_musket_first_try.zip from FileFactory.com

@steve now you can download the weapon and work on the textures. Good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:59 am

DeUgli wrote:I could attempt to record some arrow effects, if you haven't already found some. It's been a long time since I tried this, so I've forgotten where to email or upload them.

This will really help to integrate such weapon. You can eventually submit your production to my mail "tequila at smokinguns dot fr".

@!NuB!Donut:
I made progress with bow weapon integration and you'll have few stuffs to fix. I had too many other real life stuffs during the last november and I'll try to push my work soon. Stay tuned.

8)
Tequila
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to Modelling & Animation

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel