With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Can we educate our bots please??

Moderator: Aerasol

Rename the Bots

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:58 am

Hi all!
I was wondering how to change the names of my bots, because I saw on a server, bots with different names, I checked the ping, was 0 and therefore can only be bot, and they acted like bots, you understand?
There were several, all with 0 ping and elestinham different names.
How do I change the name of the bots on my server?
Now thanks.
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Postby Tequila » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:39 am

Hi, you should just use a server command:
Usage: Addbot <botname> [skill 1-5] [team] [msec delay] [altname]

if I'm right, "botname" should be a known bot like "tuco", "clint"... and you just have to set skill and altname... Altname is what you're looking for

This command can be used in server scripts.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Bots which are automatically added with bot_minplayers are loaded from scripts/bots.txt and from seperate files within scripts/sg_bots/*.bot.
An entry might look like this
Code: Select all
{
name       Clint
funname    "^6Colored^1Clint"
model      wq_male2/red
aifile     bots/male1_c.c
}

You should be able to virtually overwrite the existing bots.txt without harming sv_pure 1 by placing the new file in your server installation.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Sorry, but I did not understand.
I searched and not found by bots.txt, tried using the pk3 editor, changed the name of the bots, but could not save, to save was blocked.
How do I edit then? What file? How do I change the name of the bots? Where do I change the script? Where are the scripts of the bots? Thank you all already!
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:02 pm

/dev/random was right, only I don't think you need to do anything to the bots.txt as I think it is un-used. You do however need to create new bot files. to do that you will need to create the following file stucture:

Here is a step by step instruction (assuming Windows OS):
  1. On your desktop, right click and create a new folder. Name this folder scripts.
  2. Inside the newly created folder create two more folders. Name these sg_bots and wq3bots.
    • The reason for the two folders is SG1.1 and SG1.0 use different bot directories. Confusing, but at least your bot package will be backwards/forwards compatible.
  3. Open notepad and enter the following:
      {
      name Pardner
      funname ^3Pardner
      model wq_male1/blue
      aifile bots/male1_c.c
      }
    and save it as Pardner.bot in both the sg_bots and the wq3bots folders.
    • Note: the ***.bot file is simply a text file, but it must have the .bot extension. You may have to show file extensions to check.
  4. Navigate to your desktop. Right click on the scripts folder and select Send to --> Compressed Zip file
  5. Rename the newly created scripts.zip to Pard_bot.pk3
    • Again, watch the extensions... you need to have Pard_bot.pk3 not Pard_bot.pk3.zip
  6. Lastly, move the Pard_bot.pk3 file into your */Smokin' Guns/smokinguns/ folder
Last edited by Pardner on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:35 am

Strange pardner, did not work! I did everything exactly as you said, but you can not add bots.
When I use my rcon command to add bots, appears:
Error: undefined bot pardner!
Also, he is not on the list of bots, it can be added manually in single player mode.
Is there another way?
Now thanks.
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:06 pm

I don't know what to tell you. I followed the steps I wrote and re-created this file:
http://www.2shared.com/file/PqsBKIZO/pard_bot.html
Download the pk3, place it in your smokinguns folder, and run the game. You should see Pardner as a bot now. You can re-name pard_bot.pk3 to pard_bot.zip and see how I did the files. Modify the files, and create your own pk3 following the above steps.
Pardner
SG Team

Models of bots!

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Hello everyone! Please, I want the models bots, those "codes".
Example: male1 c.c
I can spend all models? The model Sentenza, of Clint, the Unknown, the TheMexican of ManWithNoName, Jane and Oakley.
I'm creating new bots, and when ready, to call you my server hehe!
Please pass me the models.
Thanks in advance.

***Topic merge by Pardner
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:26 pm

please, one thread for a topic. Your bot creation questions should remain in the same topic.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:44 am

male1 is the only bot characteristic shipped with the game, see sg_pak0.pk3/botfiles/bots/

What do you actually try to achieve? You could and should do a search for Quake 3 bot editing, it still works the same way in Smokin' Guns.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:23 am

in the script
{
name Pardner
funname ^3Pardner
model wq_male1/blue
aifile bots/male1_c.c
}

the line "model wq_male1/blue" controls the appearance of the bot. If you want to change the model of the bot, you only need to change this line. Here is a list of the stock SG models:
Sentenza: wq_male1/blue
Unknown: wq_male1/red
Clint: wq_male2/blue
ManWithNoName: wq_male2/red
TheMexican: wq_male3/red
Tuco: wq_male3/blue
Jane: wq_female1/red
Oakley: wq_female1/blue

the line"aifile bots/male1_c.c" controls the way the bot acts, what it says, and the weapons it uses. All the bots in SG are identical; they only look different. You can copy/rename all the files in botfiles\bots and create a completely unique bot for your server, or you can simply change the appearance and the name.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Pardner wrote:in the script
{
name Pardner
funname ^3Pardner
model wq_male1/blue
aifile bots/male1_c.c
}

the line "model wq_male1/blue" controls the appearance of the bot. If you want to change the model of the bot, you only need to change this line. Here is a list of the stock SG models:
Sentenza: wq_male1/blue
Unknown: wq_male1/red
Clint: wq_male2/blue
ManWithNoName: wq_male2/red
TheMexican: wq_male3/red
Tuco: wq_male3/blue
Jane: wq_female1/red
Oakley: wq_female1/blue

the line"aifile bots/male1_c.c" controls the way the bot acts, what it says, and the weapons it uses. All the bots in SG are identical; they only look different. You can copy/rename all the files in botfiles\bots and create a completely unique bot for your server, or you can simply change the appearance and the name.

Pardner, these are their models are wrong, because I put the ManWithNoName and appeared in the Unknown!
You do not have the right please?
Also, when I put the style male1_w.c not work, gave error loading the bot!
Why?
Thanks.
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Manoel Victor wrote:Pardner, these are their models are wrong, because I put the ManWithNoName and appeared in the Unknown!
Why?
Thanks.

If you want a bot that looks like ManWithNoName you need to use the script
{
name Pardner
funname ^3Pardner
model wq_male2/red
aifile bots/male1_c.c
}

The reason you got an error when you entered male1_w.c is because that is not the correct bot style that you need to use. You need to use male1_c.c. There is only 1 bot style in SG. But this doesnt matter as all the bots use the same style... they only look different.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Pardner wrote:
Manoel Victor wrote:Pardner, these are their models are wrong, because I put the ManWithNoName and appeared in the Unknown!
Why?
Thanks.

If you want a bot that looks like ManWithNoName you need to use the script
{
name Pardner
funname ^3Pardner
model wq_male2/red
aifile bots/male1_c.c
}

The reason you got an error when you entered male1_w.c is because that is not the correct bot style that you need to use. You need to use male1_c.c. There is only 1 bot style in SG. But this doesnt matter as all the bots use the same style... they only look different.

It did not work pardner, even with this script, showing the remains of the Unknown to instead ManWithNoName!
I need ManWithNoName!
Give me the right code please.
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Sorry I might have wrote the wrong model. Just look int the models/wq3_players folder to see the names of the models and the skins that are avaliable. Here is a crude picture:
Pardner
SG Team

Next

Return to Artificial Intelligence

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel