With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Changing seasons

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:01 am

The Smokin' Guns development team is getting pretty small these days. Still, those of us who are still here will soon be testing a new package. Although it will not be everything that we envisioned, if it is acceptable, we will release it as an official version. With the exception of some new maps, 1.1 will feel a lot like our last beta, but it will still be an enormous update when compared to version 1.0
(No, we do not have a projected release date. As soon as we can comfortably do so, we will announce the date.)

The ever popular Baller Bude server, operated & maintained by our good buddy TheDoctor, is celebrating it's 2nd birthday November 9th. Head on over to THIS THREAD to participate in the poll, get some additional info, & there's a special link if you hurry. Happy B'day BB!

SG level designer Pardner has been working hard on his new map Death Valley Mine & it is coming along nicely. With any luck, this will be included in the next release. Head on over to his WIP thread for general info, videos & screenshots. Looking good Pard!
Ever wonder how much work goes into making a quality map? Check out Pardner's time lapse film of his latest project:

DeathValleyMine Time-Lapse - Mod DB

What you won't see in that vid is the hours & hours of learning that goes into level design.
Quote by Pardner: "In this map, I could not get good looking terrain and rock walls. So I stopped and took a 5 year break." 8O

I'd like to remind everyone that LuckyGenDago has a dedicated TeamSpeak server running just for Smokin' Guns fans with plenty of user slots, so hop in & say howdy!
Lastly, a new forum section has been created to showcase videos of SG in action. Check out The Silver Screen for fan made films in all their glory!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby smile » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 am

Very good news ;)
&
Very good job :D
Finnally new maps in sg.
boredom has left SG :!:
smile
Pistolero

Postby CoolHand » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:03 am

Can't wait....

I'm hoping maybe my mouse problem will be solved (ever since going to 1.1b* I haven't been able to shoot worth a poo... never figured out if I was too laggy to the 1.1 servers or if it's just something in the code that doesn't like my setup). It kinda killed my enthusiasm...
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am

There has been many complaints on the IoQ3 engine sites about the mouse changes. Add that to the changes to the spread and many SG players are even more angry :( Just remember, everybody is playing with the same changes.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby CoolHand » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:14 am

CoolHand wrote:Can't wait....

I'm hoping maybe my mouse problem will be solved (ever since going to 1.1b* I haven't been able to shoot worth a poo... never figured out if I was too laggy to the 1.1 servers or if it's just something in the code that doesn't like my setup). It kinda killed my enthusiasm...

Well, maybe it was a graphics driver issue. I just updated my nvidia driver (on debian based 64 bit linux) yesterday, and my whole system is snappier.... I just played a quick round on RawHide, and things definitely seemed better than I remember last time I played..
CoolHand
Pistolero

really great!!

Postby Bart202 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:37 pm

hey, very good news!
Aeh, my mapping project will be ready soon, I think the map will be a great one. Is 1 week enough to make it ready? and maybe it can get included then also? More Maps = more Fun!
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby =Chico= » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:08 am

Really kool vid- what is that.. like 2000 hours?
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Chico!!! long time, no TS!

Well, the video is at 10x speed so its about an hour or so actual video. Of course I didn't record all my mapping time either :D Thanks for the comments, I hope to get a beta out soon.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby sunrise » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm

The Silver Screen disappeared.
Did you delete it on purpose or accidentally?
sunrise
Quick Draw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:37 pm

sunrise wrote:The Silver Screen disappeared.

I don't know what happened to it. We'll have to get our web admin to look into this.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:58 pm

sunrise wrote:The Silver Screen disappeared.

Website snafu I guess. All posts were lost :( I created a new forum. So if you have any videos, fell free to post them again.
Pardner
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel