With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Re: Smokin' Guns 1.1 Released

Postby Joe Kari » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:24 pm

@muffin:
Where were you playing? Baller Bude, Special Bude and Terra Nova use a modified version of SG, and sounds are not sent if you can't see someone.

Also, on regular SG, would it be SG 1.0 or SG 1.1, sounds are not sent if a player isn't in your PVS tab (something related to VIS -- an optimization algorithm used in q3/ioq3 engine).
If you play a local game using "/devmap br_durango", with "/r_showtris 1", you will see that when an opponent geometry "disappear", you can't hear it anymore.

If you don't get the same result on SG 1.0, that's probably because Durango have been re-compiled.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby !NuB!muffin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:33 pm

i played on jeuxlinux 1.1 ...

Also, on regular SG, would it be SG 1.0 or SG 1.1, sounds are not sent if a player isn't in your PVS tab (something related to VIS -- an optimization algorithm used in q3/ioq3 engine).
If you play a local game using "/devmap br_durango", with "/r_showtris 1", you will see that when an opponent geometry "disappear", you can't hear it anymore.

why is there a difference of 1.0 to 1.1 if this optimization is used in both versions ?

If you don't get the same result on SG 1.0, that's probably because Durango have been re-compiled.

but its not only durango ... any idea why it changed in mexico as well?

and is there any possibility to change it ? because the sounds are kind of my second eyes if you know what i mean and if i loose them its like i loose half of my skill and my complete gameplay is based on sounds ...
!NuB!muffin
SG Contributor

Postby smile » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi.
We test fewe things with muffin and it works perfect IF we use old map. So we need take old map from 1.0 and put in server=every player need download this map but it works witchout any error i think its recompile and compile fault. So any idea how fix it in future?
smile
Pistolero

Postby Gorn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:19 am

Bart202 wrote:Hey, I have some guys who have sound problems, what can you do ? It's horrible to play with. Sound is wrong if you understand. A video will follow

I have the same problem.
This is a bug sound with one music for me (i think).
When this music stop, the next music plays fine.
--------------------------------------------------
J'ai le même problème parfois.
J'ai l'impression que la première musique bug (je ne sais pas si c'est une musique en particulier). A la fin de cette musique (je suppose), la deuxième est lu sans problème.
Gorn
Drifter

Postby Joe Kari » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:25 pm

!NuB!muffin wrote:i played on jeuxlinux 1.1 ...

why is there a difference of 1.0 to 1.1 if this optimization is used in both versions ?

but its not only durango ... any idea why it changed in mexico as well?

and is there any possibility to change it ? because the sounds are kind of my second eyes if you know what i mean and if i loose them its like i loose half of my skill and my complete gameplay is based on sounds ...

Sorry, but that's the way it works on every q3-engine-based game.
Mexico should have been re-compiled too, and probably almost all map, so expect changes in others too.

Note that this was already there in SG 1.0, with just slight difference on each map.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Biondo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:06 pm

I played against bots in Single player mode, and I see that they are as stupid as they've always been. Also playing against very skilled bots is a waste of time. Is there a future chance to have smart bots as those TheDoctor designed in Bude's servers?
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby Bodie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:10 am

I hope Doctor will share his bots when he thinks they are ready to be included into the game.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Peruvians » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:06 am

GOOD NEWS ,viva Peru cabrones

RETURN TO THE OLD PLAYERS =)
Peruvians
Drifter

Postby hellraiser » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 pm

CONGRATULATTIOS!!!! :lol:

Only a little question: for a full changelog, where we do have to look at?
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Postby TheDoctor » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Bodie wrote:I hope Doctor will share his bots when he thinks they are ready to be included into the game.

Yes, but it'll take some time. My plan is as follows:

1. Sync BB's code base with SG'trunk
  2. Some tests
  3. Upload on Github

To all BR players interested in SG's bots: Test on Tera Nova (\callvote g_gametype 5 and \callvote map br_lago), whether these bots do still play BR correctly. I will not test BR myself, but will try to fix problems, if you report them.

To the developers: please consider to update server+game, content+cgame and client independently, from now on. Don't touch the client unless you have to, e.g. for bug fixes. Among other things, such a scheme will allow to update the servers without forcing players to update.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby CoolHand » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Yippee! I think I may have to dust off my pistols... 8)
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby jenewman2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Biondo wrote:In Ballerbude, I've seen all day players trying to connect without success. From Lame site, I read that some of them are getting the message that they are trying to download “sg_pak0.pk3″ file from the server forever. Any suggestion?

I can get into Ballerbude, but not into Paladin--same sg_pak0.pk3 message and this was with a fresh install of 1.1 just 4 days ago. Any way for me to fix this? Palidin is the only server for me with a ping less than 100 (I'm in South Carolina, USA).
Thanks.
target
jenewman2
Drifter

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 pm

jenewman2 wrote:I can get into Ballerbude, but not into Paladin--same sg_pak0.pk3 message and this was with a fresh install of 1.1 just 4 days ago. Any way for me to fix this?
Google for Smokin-Guns-1.0, install and use it to play on Paladin. It's the easiest way.

Alternatively, you'd need to identify your SG user directory and put the .pk3 files there.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby jenewman2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:19 pm

TheDoctor wrote:
jenewman2 wrote:I can get into Ballerbude, but not into Paladin--same sg_pak0.pk3 message and this was with a fresh install of 1.1 just 4 days ago. Any way for me to fix this?
Google for Smokin-Guns-1.0, install and use it to play on Paladin. It's the easiest way.

Alternatively, you'd need to identify your SG user directory and put the .pk3 files there.

Ok, I'll see if I can figure out how to do solution 2. I have other problems if I have both 1.0 and 1.1 in the same directory. Thanks. target
jenewman2
Drifter

Postby WASP.Killer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 am

jenewman2 wrote:...Palidin is the only server for me with a ping less than 100 (I'm in South Carolina, USA).

There is a dedicated server - Good, Bad & Ugly - in Atlanta, G.A., USA. Unless you're using wireless, your ping ought to be 20ms or less.
WASP.Killer
Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel