With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Server List for Ubuntu User

Postby gunsmoker » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi all,

After a busy warm season I just noticed that 1.1 was released months ago. I just downloaded it and got it to load by executing smokinguns.i386 file.

It started up great but when I went to server list and clicked get new list it said 0 servers. I am not sure what servers are being used these days and want to do some blasting and robbing. I don't think Monster Browser works for Ubuntu, is there a way to get the games list to populate? What other work around can I do? If worst comes to worst, can someone post the I.P. addresses of the most used servers so I can manually enter the servers I.P.

Thanks, see you all on the shooting fields
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Re: Server List for Ubuntu User

Postby TheDoctor » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Temporarily remove ~/.smokinguns/smokinguns/q3config.cfg

If it works, read this thread for more information. Please report back, whether your problem is fixed or not.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Biondo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:03 am

BTW, the equivalent of MonsterBrowser for linux is XQF http://www.linuxgames.com/xqf/index.shtml

If you have problems configuring it, don't hesitate to ask.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby gunsmoker » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 am

Hi all,

I checked for that file and didn't see it in the smokinguns folder.

Also, I downloaded the linux monster browser .deb file but could not figure out how to install it.

Thanks, hope to see you in there soon
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Postby gunsmoker » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 am

Hi again,

I couldn't figure out to manually install xqf but I found it in software center and installed it that way. Now I just have to figure out how to configure it to get sg servers.

Thanks
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Postby Biondo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:36 am

gunsmoker, q3config.cfg is not located in smokinguns folder, but in a hidden folder inside your home directory (that's often referred to as "~" when writing paths). Look for a hidden directory ".smokinguns" in your home folder.

Now XQF.
In its left column you should be able to see a Source called "Quake3: Arena".
Highlight it and press the first menu icon (Update from master server). Be sure that there's a "master.smokinguns.fr" item as son of "Quake3: Arena". If not, add it manually (right click and "Add master", or via the keys Ctrl+M).

Now if you highlight the line "master.smokinguns.fr", you should see the list of servers running SG.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby gunsmoker » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:36 am

Thanks all for the replies. I ended up setting the XQF, thanks Biondo for the tips. See you all on there soon : )
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel