With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Re: Weapon system after 1.1 release

Postby Bart202 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 am

Great ideas ;) Go to work :twisted:

I ' m really hopefully again for this Game :oops:
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby El Cattivo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 am

iLag wrote:Add true ironsights to all weapons. As a corollary, make all weapons less accurate when not sighted.

I don't like the idea of having to use ironsights to have any accuracy in Smokin' Guns. Part of the old timey appeal of this game is that it plays like the old shooters made before every FPS shooter had to be bogged down in unenjoyable realism.

It makes sense to have a zoom on the scoped rifle, but, for anybody who wants correlation between the movies and this game, in the old John Wayne films nobody ever used revolver ironsights and everybody shot accurately (albeit unrealistically) from the hip. Plus, in some games that do ironsight zooming, not being zoomed doesn't make your gun any less accurate, it's just harder to set the crosshair on distant targets.

As for the akimbo revolvers, although I don't recall seeing any Westerns that did that, just pretend you're playing an Old Western version a John Woo film.
El Cattivo
Drifter

Postby NightcrawleR » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:22 pm

While not the most ideal for such a small community, as it may fracture it, I'll bring this idea to the table and let you play around with it.

Perhaps you guys could work on improving SG by implementing a second client for download. This client would be have more of the experimental changes that you guys wouldn't want to mess around with in a major release, such as game-changing aspects. You could make it public or private, but if private, invite outstanding members of the community, whose input you feel is important, to test this new client out.

You could also do things such as early releases, noting that the client is experimental and hasn't been fully tested yet. For a full experience, direct them to the current stable release.

It's a practice that is growing more and more popular, and I think that it would pull a lot of people into the game if they felt that the community was more active in the development of the game. While I personally believe SG is fine as it is, a nice restructuring is always nice, and fresh elements are always key from a game design standpoint.
NightcrawleR
Pistolero

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:56 pm

NightcrawleR wrote:Perhaps you guys could work on ...

You could also do things such as ...

Who are you talking to? There is no group of people having the skills, time and motivation to do what you ask.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby NightcrawleR » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm

TheDoctor wrote:
NightcrawleR wrote:Perhaps you guys could work on ...

You could also do things such as ...

Who are you talking to? There is no group of people having the skills, time and motivation to do what you ask.

I was under the impression that SG was still under semi-active development. There is a ticket system set up and goals to reach for 1.2.

If that's not the case, then I guess that's all there is to say on the matter.
NightcrawleR
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:42 pm

The dev crew is down to Tequila and I. Tequila has been tied up recently and I am more at home in the map editor. SmokinGuns is open source now (http://smokinguns.svn.sourceforge.net/) for those who want to make tweaks to the game. Take a look at What TheDoctor has done with the BallerBude server. Deathmatch on BR maps, weapon voting, truely random spawns (still not a fan, sorry Doc).

We also have a very small player base, most of which do not read the forums. When we torhu tried to tackle the weapon system in 1.1b3, we didn't get much feedback. Of course I think we had 1 server with the tweaks in place.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Francklen » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:14 am

It was fun to be part of this interesting game sir, about this weapons system 1.1 sir i don't have an idea to play this cause Im a beginner and i was welling to learn more about this game thanks.
Francklen
Newcomer

Previous

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel