With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Switch to other players' POV during demo playback

Postby El Cattivo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 am

How can I switch to another player's point-of-view during demo playback? I've recently learned how to record demos and convert them to AVI, and it would be great if I could get the other players' POVs of match highlights, but if I try clicking or pressing keys, the demo just quits early.
Und er lächelt, denn er weiß: Das Böse siegt immer!
El Cattivo
Drifter

Re: Switch to other players' POV during demo playback

Postby TheDoctor » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:57 pm

El Cattivo wrote:How can I switch to another player's point-of-view during demo playback? I've recently learned how to record demos and convert them to AVI, and it would be great if I could get the other players' POVs of match highlights, but if I try clicking or pressing keys, the demo just quits early.

This isn't easy. Demo's are always record from one player's perspective. Information about other players, you don't even see at a given time index, may not be included in the demo. Effectively, this means the only player whose information are continuously contained in the demo, from start to end, is the player who recorded the game.

That said, there is http://sourceforge.net/projects/quake3mme/, which contains code to switch the perspective to those other players, whose coordinates are included in the demo, for a given time index of the demo. Regarding demos of BB, you may be switch the perspective to players, if the demo recording players had a line of sight at that time index of the demo. Other server, who handle player visibility more relaxed, may record even information on players who are not directly visible.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel