With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

[SUGGESTION] Smokin'n guns game updater?

Postby hellraiser » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:00 pm

hello again!

It's been quite a while I did not post on sg forum....today I wanted to suggest this: why don't make a sg updater program to dowload selectively latest game updates and add ons, instead of addin to download the whole game from scratch?

May be interestin, it could be an optional program (for instance, it could be putted on the website an addiction to the .exe windows installer and indipendent .zip archive) to be used by hose do not want download all way back.

What do you think? :twisted:
hellraiser
Quick Draw

Re: [SUGGESTION] Smokin'n guns game updater?

Postby /dev/random » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 pm

This is actually Desura (Smokin' Guns on Desura) meant to solve.

Keep in mind that each additional download option increases the burden on our beloved developers/maintainers. Given the rather small-ish size of SG I think it should be fine to re-download every major version, minor ones are usually a separate patch.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Bart202 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:31 am

I like your idea but i think it's too much of work. If there would be a way it would help to get more players :)
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Ideally, the next update is a minor one, content-wise, thus resulting in a small, additional PK3 file, which ideally could be distributed via the built-in HTTP download infrastructure.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel