With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby WTF BOOM » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 pm

ya know, when im playing against human players, the colt peacemaker and the winchester97 never really seem to work adequately, yet remington pistol gets em' every time. why is that?!?!? i thought the pistol was low damage? i just might be imagining it though idk heehee
WTF BOOM
Drifter

Re: Get your accurate weapon and damage stats here

Postby torhu » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:34 am

Does anyone know what changes were made in 1.1 that would affect these stats? I suppose I should unsticky this thread, as it's probably just misleading now.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:08 pm

No weapon's base damage were changed.
Leg damage were lowered.
No spread were changed, except the shape of shotgun gun spread. Shotgun's pellet pattern are circular, radial-homogeneous, and are less random (each pellet is constrained in an area, not the whole circle).
Weapon range have changed (I can't find the thread, but there is one).
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby jericdsons » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:01 am

Is their still update sir?
i hope more suggestions,

Shotgun Master!
Thanks,
jericdsons
Newcomer

Re:

Postby teepee » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:44 am

WTF BOOM wrote:ya know, when im playing against human players, the colt peacemaker and the winchester97 never really seem to work adequately, yet remington pistol gets em' every time. why is that?!?!?

Feel free to correct me if Im wrong (I aint), but Colts are more accurate.

Now that is great, if only players didnt screw with thier settings (Im trying to be diplomatic here, if you get me), so crazily, you've got a better chance at hitting someone with a remington which has a wider variation in accuracy, than you have with a colt. And (I think) thats because some players are nowhere near their drawn charactor on screen.

You wont inflict as much damage, but you've got a better chance of hitting them.

thats why I went to single shot crazy aim, more shots in a shorter space of time, in a wider area, and you got a better chance of hitting the best (read che*****) players.
teepee
Newcomer

Postby MsH » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 pm

If there is going to be the long-waited 1.2, I would like to see some changes here.

Firstly: I think it's stupid when usually 2 shoulder hits kills you instantly. The shoulder damage should be lowered to same as the leg damage.

I have played the game many years and many times I have though about balancing weapons and getting rifles for a good use.

Since I can't do any code and tweak etc. I post suggestion I think is worth testing:

*** Remington 58 ***
spread: 300
damage: 23
range: 700(default 600) ((This pistol has so low damage, that this is only a good thing))
clipAmmo: 6
maxAmmo: 24

*** Peacemaker ***
spread: 300
damage: 35 (default 38) ((Dual colts are just overpowered))
range: 750
clipAmmo: 6
maxAmmo: 24

*** Winchester 66 ***
spread: 250
damage: 48 (default 44) ((I understood that dual colts has overall 70/76 damage + faster firerate. Maybe it should be increased to 50?))
range: 1300 (default 1050)
clipAmmo: 12
maxAmmo: 12

*** Colt Lightning ***
spread: 275
damage: 48 (default 44)
range: 1300 (default 1050)
clipAmmo: 12
maxAmmo: 12

I really don't know how much the range does affect to damage at distances, but I think rifle's should have almost double of pistol's range.

Also the price of peacemaker and winchester 66 should be the same. (Both 22$ or 25$)

Changes for RIFLES, with base damage 48 (I hope I calculated them correct):

head 1
neck 1 (before 2)
shoulders 2
hands, arms 3
chest/upper back 1 (before 2)
stomach/lower back 2
groin/ass 2
leg 2
foot 2 (before 3)

The rest of the weapons are good IMO

I don't know how hard and time consuming is to code and test this so I'm not waiting to see changes instantly or maybe never but I wanted to post this just in case someone has interests and time. |D

PS. I don't know how accurate original stats in this topic are for 1.1 (I used them as a reference)
MsH
Gunslinger

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 pm

First of all, I agree that weapon rebalancing is necessary. If you look at the top weapons used in BB, you'll notice that rifles range below dynamite for number of kills. Keep in mind, that on BB, I already reduced the price of the Winchester 66 from 25 to 20, the price of the Colt Lightning from 30 to 27, and the number of dynamites in one package from 5 to 2.

Most of the changes you suggest are quite simply achieved by editing games/bg_misc.c and recompiling SG. In bg_misc.c, you can check for the currently used values.

What values would you propose for the Sharps rifle? Literally no one is using it in DM, because - especially with scope - it costs too much.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby MsH » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:25 pm

TheDoctor wrote:Keep in mind, that on BB, I already reduced the price of the Winchester 66 from 25 to 20, the price of the Colt Lightning from 30 to 27, and the number of dynamites in one package from 5 to 2.

Yes, I know you're way ahead and I like your modding but I mostly play BR on jeuxlinux. I afraid no one is modding it, they only upgrade to the new release.

TheDoctor wrote:What values would you propose for the Sharps rifle? Literally no one is using it in DM, because - especially with scope - it costs too much.

I haven't thought about it. Sharps is a powerful weapon and I like that. Maybe we should not change its specs. We could try to lower rifle prize a little (don't know how much) and the scope from 15$ to 10$ and see how does it affect to the gameplay on dm?

In br mode, if the overall price of sharps is too small, there would be too much sharpshooters camping I afraid. In dm you can hardly camp because there are people everywhere.
MsH
Gunslinger

Postby Biondo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:53 pm

TheDoctor wrote:What values would you propose for the Sharps rifle?

IMO, lowering Sharps price would be a Christmas gift to campers and, worst, to low-ping players, that are already favoured by fate.

BTW, Doctor you haven't lost the bad habit of abusing of the 'hosts' file and of forgetting to double-check your links. In your post, the link http://bb/index.php?func=show&page=4 should be read as http://bb.smokin-guns.org/index.php?func=show&page=4
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby TheDoctor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Biondo wrote:BTW, Doctor you haven't lost the bad habit of abusing of the 'hosts' file and of forgetting to double-check your links.

Thanks for pointing it out. Btw, I checked them, but they did work for me. 8)
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby {B} » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:46 pm

With your reply you made me laugh. And that is good for my nerves.
{B}

Previous

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel