With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

Suggestion to fix two bugs

Postby MsH » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:53 pm

There are already tickets for these bugs:
http://trac.smokin-guns.org/ticket/34 (Shot at the beginning of a round)
http://trac.smokin-guns.org/ticket/46 (Bot in bank robbery mode => Bot teamkill)

I think there should be few seconds of cooldown at the beginning so you can't shoot at all.
That would prevent accidentally committed teamkills when switching weapon.
It would also give you time to hide from bot who wants to kill you.

About the bot teamkill bug: If you hide from the bot, he will forget you. You only need 2-3 seconds at the beginning to hide or get away.

(There already is a cooldown where you have time to buy stuff. But the cooldown I mean is that you can run but not shoot.)
MsH
Gunslinger

Re: Suggestion to fix two bugs

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:19 pm

From what I remember, this bug is already fixed in the SVN repository. On November 9, 2012, I noted
BB cgame updated. Improvements: bots shouldn't kill teamkill (was already fixed in SVN)

So if a server admin would recompile the game himself, the bug would go away.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Barto » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:13 pm

TheDoctor wrote:From what I remember, this bug is already fixed in the SVN repository.

I *guess* this is still present in my git version of the game (checked, no commits named like that was done on 9th Nov. 2012 on both master and ioq3-synchro), it has been a while I have tested it though. Maybe I'm not on the right branch (ioq3-synchro) too and I'm saying entire garbage.

Sadly I do not have SSH access on jeuxlinux.fr, so I cannot replace the qvm or update the config file... :? The best I can do is to play with a cron bot to send commands every once a while to make sure a variable is set to a specific value.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:03 pm

Barto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:From what I remember, this bug is already fixed in the SVN repository.

Checked, no commits named like that was done on 9th Nov.

True, but what I meant was, I documented on November 9th, 2012 (for myself) that I tried to fix the bug, but found out - to my best knowledge back then - it was already fixed.

Sadly, I don't remember any details such as, whether it wasn't reproducible any longer for me or whether the fix I found was already contained in the SVN at that given time.

If one would compile the most recent code and check, whether the bug still exists, I would be motivated to cross-check my code base for a solution. I suspect, one would have to ensure that BotFindEnemy and BotSameTeam do work in game/ai_dmq3.c and that bs->enemy is re-setted at the begin of a new round.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel