With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Re: Baller Bude Feedback, Discussion, Question & Answer Thre

Postby Barto » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:42 am

Good luck the the migration @spi and TheDoctor and thank you to keep us up to date!
Did you find which part was causing problems? It was not the power supply as mentioned before?

@spi wrote:i hate hardware issues, so i decide to switch on a new system.

We all do hate that |D
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby TheDoctor » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:38 am

BB is mostly back (SG server + map selection/bot control + BB-bot + XLRStats). I'll have yet to renable a few things such as cronjobs and backup.

During it's lifetime, BB used to provide services to various other SG servers, such as running bot scripts. However, I lost track which of these services were actually used. Therefore I will not enable any services until they are requested specifically.

Barto wrote:Did you find which part was causing problems?
@spi believes, the motherboard may be faulty. That could be true, since a discarded PC was used as the host 24/7 for the last 3 years. Though, for sure, we will never know.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby @spi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:52 pm

great work doc !
many thanx to you, for your professional,
trusty and reliable colaboration over the last years !

you are the best |D
@spi
@spi
Pistolero

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi all,

one problem remains: as Barto and Myrmidonas found out, Baller Bude is not listed on the master server (master.smokin-guns.org), despite
Code: Select all
sv_master1" is:"master.smokin-guns.org^7", the default

At least, BB is listed at parttimegeeks.net. Even a vanilla SG server on BB's host does not get listed on master.smokin-guns.org. Could somebody try out to temporarily run

smokinguns_dedicated.i386 +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27961 +map dm_dry

to see, whether it gets listed on master.smokin-guns.org?

Best regards,

TheDoctor
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby TheDoctor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi again,

BB is now listed at master.smokin-guns.org and therefore in the in-game browser again. AFAIK, @spi fixed the problem by changing the firewall configuration.

Best regards,

TheDoctor
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Glad to see that BallerBude is still running strong! :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby {B} » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Baller Bude is six! A milestone, indeed. Entering the puberty age, with its dormant sexual feelings. Sexual unfulfillment, if fixations... BB is now able to copy a diamond, and knows right from left and number of fingers.
Keep on, BB, the future smiles at you.

Happy birthday BB.
{B}

Postby @spi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:51 pm

OMG .....

shame on me .... i forgot BB Birthday !
plz forgive me ... ! six years old ?
i cant belive it ! |D

thanx for the dirty pic of me on the website, nice 8D

kind regards
@spi
@spi
Pistolero

Postby TheDoctor » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:54 pm

@spi wrote:I forgot BB's birthday!

You may forget BB, but AwesomePossum never forgivesets you! :wink:
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby /dev/random » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:10 pm

I have a confession to make. For quite some time, I provided the autodownloads for Ballerbude on mirror.9k.lv (among other files such as downloads of Smokin' Guns, World of Padman and OpenArena).
This was hosted on a small VPS which I intended to use for other things. However I didn't really get to use it for anything and as such didn't have it on the radar when it was about time to pay for renewal for another year. Since it was clear that I wouldn't use the server in the foreseeable future I decided to stop payments and as such the provider shut it down. I'm sorry that I didn't give you notice in advance.

The domain 9k.lv is paid for until 2018-03-20, so if you still have URLs pointing to it, I can set a CNAME or such?
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Biondo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:22 pm

This is /dev/random corroborating his well deserved reputation as a wannabe admin.
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby Barto » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:43 pm

/dev/random wrote:I decided to stop payments and as such the provider shut it down.

Darn. Jeuxlinux.fr actually uses another server which is http://smokinguns.parttimegeeks.net/ . No need to change anything on our end.
There also exists the "official" http://download.smokin-guns.org/ as a replacement.

Just one thing, I want to inform you that I have a backup of http://mirror.9k.lv/smokinguns/ and I will push it to the internet archive in the upcoming days (edit: done). It's only 1.1Go and I really do not want to see content made by the community being lost or hard to recover. I guess the zip I have mostly contains pk3 files, and maybe an index.html. (And yes, I backuped this around April 2016 after the GameFront shutdown)

Anything else I should backup before computers catch fire?

About the DNS, you'd better write an email to TheDoctor (look at his profile, it's there) and notify him about this issue.

Biondo wrote:This is /dev/random corroborating his well deserved reputation as a wannabe admin.

Nobody is being paid for that, we're doing this on our free time. Life's hard.
Last edited by Barto on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Tequila » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:06 am

Hi all,

/dev/random, I still can host your auto-download place at the same place than http://download.smokin-guns.org/
You can even make a dns alias toward download.smokin-guns.org for mirror.9k.lv and so I can serve it like before.

The important thing is to not concentrate all stuff at the same place so I would prefer another place than my server still hosting forum/wiki/master server and other stuff... but this could be a good alternative.

I can even give you a dedicated sftp access if necessary.

Barto, tell me if you have a link to get the archive.
:twisted:

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Barto » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:32 am

Here it is:
https://archive.org/download/mirror.9k. ... .9k.lv.zip

I'm not 100% familiar with the interface of archive.org, but I hope that it does the job. The backup was actually made on the 19th April 2016 to be exact.
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Tequila » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 am

Nice Barto, this works.

I actually downloaded your archive and unzipped it there:
http://download.smokin-guns.org/mirror.9k.lv
I only removed index.html files not really needed for my purpose.

/dev/random, I also configured a simple Apache VirtualHost for mirror.9k.lv with the document root as my /mirror.9k.lv sg downloads subfolder. So You can if you wish just create a DNS alias like that in your 9k.lv zone:
mirror  IN CNAME download.smokin-guns.org.

So http://mirror.9k.lv/smokinguns/ could be served again as expected untill you not renew the domain.

Or http://download.smokin-guns.org/mirror.9k.lv can be used as new auto-download URL in server config. I can setup other alias name for this hosting if server admins prefer.

If anyone is concerned in updating this auto-download section, I can give private sftp access, just ask, or let me know where would be the new official mirror so I can setup a mirroring process, just in case.
:twisted:

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel