With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Re: Baller Bude Feedback, Discussion, Question & Answer Thre

Postby /dev/random » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Barto wrote:Just one thing, I want to inform you that I have a backup of http://mirror.9k.lv/smokinguns/

This is great, thanks! The original files are still on the BallerBude server and might be more recent, but more on that next.

Tequila wrote:/dev/random, I also configured a simple Apache VirtualHost for mirror.9k.lv with the document root as my /mirror.9k.lv sg downloads subfolder.

I've put the CNAME in place and it should propagate soon. Long-term solution should involve changing URLs that point to mirror.9k.lv, but this is good in the meantime.

Tequila wrote:If anyone is concerned in updating this auto-download section, I can give private sftp access, just ask, or let me know where would be the new official mirror so I can setup a mirroring process, just in case.
:twisted:

Most of the maps can probably be found elsewhere, but the special sauce were the BallerBude specific mod files doc put up there. The process actually involved rsync'ing via cron, so I guess it'd be good if doc has sftp access if this shall be the new download location.
I'll send him a PM and direct him here, so you can work out the details.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby TheDoctor » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi,

apologies for being late. First of all, many thanks to you, random, for your reliable service in the past and for openly discussing this problem and the underlying changes.

Then, thank you, Tequila, for stepping in and providing a replacement service. I've updated the configuration of BB to point to http://download.smokin-guns.org/mirror.9k.lv/smokinguns.

As you offered it, I would like to get a sftp account in case I ever need to add or change a file.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Xlopaka » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:41 pm

The site of baller bude is down.
Xlopaka
Drifter

Postby TheDoctor » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Xlopaka wrote:The site of baller bude is down.
The log went over 2GB. I've cleansed it and restarted the server. Could you try it again and give feedback?
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby YourPalMark » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Baller Bude is down again. (for the past couple of days) Will it be back? I can't live without it! :lol:
YourPalMark
Drifter

Postby @spi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:47 pm

dear gunners,

we are sad to inform you, that we were forced to close BB services.
it is an infatructure case, but be patient ! we have new opportunities to bring BB back to business !

lovely regards
@spi
@spi
Pistolero

Postby Barto » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:00 pm

Good to hear that, I was surprised to see your server being down for the last 2 days (but while still having the ballerbude.smokin-guns.org hostname resolving to the correct IP).
I would have sent you a PM if it was some longer downtime without any notifications.

Have a nice evening and keep rockin' !
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby @spi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi Barto and all other gunners,

can´t say how log BB is down, depends on external circumstances, but be sure folks we will be back as soon as possible.

@barto
i will send you some detail via PM

enjoy the summer and dont waste your time infront of a pc playing western shooter |D

cheers @spi
@spi
Pistolero

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:52 am

Good news everyone, Baller Bude is back! :twisted:. Its new address is 5.1.80.234:27960. The XLRSTATS webpages are not yet up again, but stats should be already collected. In the next days, I will post some more infos.

Best regards and thanks to @spi,

TheDoctor
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby YourPalMark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:04 am

TheDoctor wrote:Good news everyone, Baller Bude is back! :twisted:. Its new address is 5.1.80.234:27960. The XLRSTATS webpages are not yet up again, but stats should be already collected. In the next days, I will post some more infos.

Best regards and thanks to @spi,

TheDoctor

AWESOME!!! :twisted:
YourPalMark
Drifter

Postby @spi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi all,

first i have to say : good work doc ... like alway :)
second i promise our new server hosting sponsor to promote them and their produkts !

https://kms-hosting.com/

Many thanks to combahton, michael and TheDoctor!

cheers @spi
@spi
Pistolero

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Update regarding the xlrstats webpage of BB: with the unintentional migration from php5 to php7, the mysql extension of PHP is no longer available. Therefore, I am forced to rewrite the inc_mysql.php of xlrstats (v2) and my first attempt at this task failed today.

While I now know that the mysql extension was already deprecated in php5, I curse everyone who thinks giving up backward compatibility is OK.
:evil:
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Barto » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:26 am

Damn, why didn't I receive any notifications in my email. It's not even in my spam folder. Whatever...

TheDoctor wrote:Good news everyone, Baller Bude is back! :twisted:. Its new address is 5.1.80.234:27960. The XLRSTATS webpages are not yet up again, but stats should be already collected. In the next days, I will post some more infos.

Cool! Now updating the DNS entries would be a nice thing, namely:
Code: Select all
$ host bb.smokin-guns.org
bb.smokin-guns.org is an alias for ballerbude.smokin-guns.org.
ballerbude.smokin-guns.org has address 212.65.13.87

Right now, it still resolves to the old IP address.

TheDoctor wrote:Update regarding the xlrstats webpage of BB: with the unintentional migration from php5 to php7, the mysql extension of PHP is no longer available. Therefore, I am forced to rewrite the inc_mysql.php of xlrstats (v2) and my first attempt at this task failed today.

While I now know that the mysql extension was already deprecated in php5, I curse everyone who thinks giving up backward compatibility is OK.

That's PHP right there, sorry about that. You'll see, the new API is way better and safer to use. And honestly, we all knew the old API was junk.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby TheDoctor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Barto wrote:Right now, it still resolves to the old IP address.

I've already contacted Tequila. In time, he will change it.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby TheDoctor » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:40 pm

After a failed attempt to modify XLRSTATS to support the mysqli interface of PHP7, I brought back the PHP5 mysql interface by following this article. This means, the Baller Bude stats are back. Also, I contacted Tequila again asking him to update the IPs of the subdomains ballerbude.smokin-guns.org and bb.smokin-guns.org.

I also would like to thank @spi and Michael of kms-hosting for providing a new home for Baller Bude free of charge.

Finally, I would like to congratulate Low Prio, the second human player I am aware of, crossing the threshold of more than 100000 kills on Baller Bude rising to the rank of a Smokin' Guns Legend.
:twisted:
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

PreviousNext

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel