With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Who is still playing ? :'D

Postby Maxes » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Hey i played this game aaaaages ago and i reminded myself on it :D but sadly as i can see no human player plays on the servers anymore..
Hopefully someone sees this post...
Maxes
Newcomer

Re: Who is still playing ? :'D

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi, welcome back. Usually in the evening, there is some activity on some servers. Another approach is to bring your friends with you.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby em1o » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:02 am

i play a dying Unreal3 game called Hawken. i flamed my cpu and mobo 2 nights ago, and am awaiting replacement parts, and saw the SG desktop link on an old W7/Fedora box i'm using in the interim. i noticed the note in the box cover "10/2012", so yeh it's been a while. but we're still Out Here!
em1o
Newcomer

Postby TBeholder » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 am

I do occasionally. It's fun, but...
SG is obscure. I got it from PlayDeb (which still has 1.0). Repositories are simply convenient, so not many people will look anywhere else, unless searching for something specific.
I also occasionally look up cool stuff on SourceForge, but that's it.
Windows crowd may have it better in that they have to look around, or worse - no easy updates and there only so many shops or review sites most people will visit regularly.

Also, unlike Cube games, here's no readily available lobby/masterserver/whatever.
Thus PlayDeb stats show 1646 downloads, but you won't see most of these people here or on your server. Most of them probably run single-player for a while, get tired of stupid bots and move on.
TBeholder
Newcomer

Postby TheDoctor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:26 pm

TBeholder wrote:here's no readily available lobby/masterserver/whatever.

Did you try to download and unpack the OS independent archive and run ./smokinguns.i386 from it? It's version 1.1 and should show some multiplayer servers. On the download page, there's also a .deb file.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Magnum29 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Howdy, i am NuBMagnum anderen Sometimes i play here or on other SG-Server.Ich Spiele hin und wieder gerne SAG, habe aber nicht oft Zeit und es spielen leider nicht mehr soviele wie früher.

Best regards
Magnum29
Newcomer

Postby YourPalMark » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:09 am

Maxes wrote:Hey i played this game aaaaages ago and i reminded myself on it :D but sadly as i can see no human player plays on the servers anymore..
Hopefully someone sees this post...

I play it pretty much on a daily basis. There are three or four other players that join in around the same time as me, so we have some pretty fun (and competitive!) games. I'm in the U.S., and typically play on weekday afternoons. The servers are (I believe) all in Europe, and I'm not sure how the time zones translate. You'll find us in the Baller Bude server!
YourPalMark
Drifter

Postby TBeholder » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:30 am

TheDoctor wrote: On the download page, there's also a .deb file.
Yeah, was on my way there - when finally remembered how Vega Strike packages were butchered and thought to check whether it's better straight from the horse's mouth. |D

Cool. I once even joined when there were living players. Probably few enough people (for the same reason), that it happens only in right time.
Of course, usually there are 4 servers with >0 players (even if placeholder bots), and only 2 of them are accessible, since "Baller Bude" requires a resource it doesn't allow to download, while "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" seems to connect nicely until it stops on "Awaiting snapshot", so there may be more activity, i just won't see it.
TBeholder
Newcomer

Postby Goetter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Nice |D

I just started today, playing this game, its pretty cool :P :twisted:
Goetter
Newcomer

Postby Lon' » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Im back since 2013 no playing. Soon new youtube videos! XD
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby MsH » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:52 pm

I check sometimes if there is decent amount of players online but apparently not.
MsH
Gunslinger

Postby Lon' » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:54 pm

hey guys, dont let SG bank robery die. I got a new bank robery server on USA - Miami. Good pings for north americans and medium ping for europeans and south americans players. Lets join there.
Sg #America# Western-war#.
#Dont-Let-SG-Die#
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby gunsmoker » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:54 am

Hi Lon,

---'-<@ (rose gang) still plays time to time, there were 4 of us playing 2v2 BR just the other day, even 'thug' was playing. Its the same story from everyone that checks in here. we all love the game and want to play, but when we log in, very few players.

Thank you for starting the servers back up. Most recently I noticed they were gone though. Did you stop hosting the servers?

Something I am confused about is there seems to be new maps that I cannot access when calling votes. At least 4 come to mind. There was one that was during the night with the boat at the dock for the getaway, and a few others that were on Lon's servers like the SDE map. Is there a way to still play those maps?

It is good to see the activity here on the website and I am hopeful for SG revival. Most fun I have had playing a game.

Cheers,

Blaster
gunsmoker
Pistolero

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel