With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Hey Baba Looey

Postby ElKabong » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:24 am

Heh. Recently found this here Smokin Guns FPS. Albeit quite late I see. Very amusing. |D

Issue with the targeting cross hairs turning into cross arrows and then the screen minimizes.. :?:
ElKabong
Newcomer

Re: Hey Baba Looey

Postby torhu » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Welcome :) :twisted:

Issue with the targeting cross hairs turning into cross arrows and then the screen minimizes.. :?:

Not familiar with this issue, can you tell us what platform you are on? Do you have problems with other games, or just SG?
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ElKabong » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Lenovo laptop
Win7 Home Premium
64bit intel core i3-2350m cpu @ 2.30ghz
4 gig ram
using a wireless mouse

Smokin' Guns is the first FPS I have installed and played on this device.

thanks for the reply.
ElKabong
Newcomer

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:16 pm

ElKabong wrote:... the targeting cross hairs turning into cross arrows and then the screen minimizes

Is the SG window only minimized and can be maximized again or does the game exit (does it crash?)

If it is just minimized, does Windows show a dialogue such as "Sticky keys", which can happen, if you hold or press shift too many times? Such a behaviour can be disabled in the access center of Windows.

Do you play in Fullscreen mode where the game covers the full screen and windows is not visible or do you play in Windowed mode, where SG is just one of many Windows on your Desktop and you seeing parts of the Windows Taskbar for example.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ElKabong » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:48 pm

TheDoctor wrote:Is the SG window only minimized and can be maximized again or does the game exit (does it crash?)

Does not exit, can be maximized.

TheDoctor wrote:If it is just minimized, does Windows show a dialogue such as...

No.

TheDoctor wrote:Do you play in Fullscreen mode...or do you play in Windowed mode...

Was full screen. Tried a windowed mode. 1280x720. So far no issue.

Thanx!
ElKabong
Newcomer

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:47 pm

ElKabong wrote:Was full screen. Tried a windowed mode. 1280x720. So far no issue.

OK, glad to hear. The only explanation I can think of is, that you accidentally hit a hotkey combination, that minimizes your SG Window, such Alt+Tab or Windows+Down Arrow.

You can adapt your window size exactly to the free space and aspect ratio of your desktop via console, e.g.:
Code: Select all
seta r_customheight "990"
seta r_customwidth "1200"
seta r_mode "-1"

Make sure, the SG window does not overlap your taskbar or extend offscreen, otherwise, you may experience issues with turning.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ElKabong » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Hey ya'll,
The problem I was having listed above turns out to be a hardware issue with the keyboard. I installed Tribes 2 and have issue with accidental weapon discharge if my hand rests too firmly on laptop case.
:roll:
ElKabong
Newcomer

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:28 pm

ElKabong wrote:I installed Tribes 2 and have issue with accidental weapon discharge if my hand rests too firmly on laptop case.

Premature discharge can be a serious problem :twisted:
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel