With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Just a "howdy".

Postby OneArmedBandit » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:22 pm

New-old player here. I first played this game several years ago going by the username "Josey Wales". Didn't have an account here, I was just hopping online and playing away. Here I am now though, better late than never, right? :)

I'm already back on the horse and trying to get used to the maps etc. I've seen there are very few players right now but I hope this will change since this game is good and unique. I've met some nice people and one not so nice unfortunatelly (a big "howdy" to the [GOLD] players, they're very nice and fun to play with). I've been going by the name "GRingo" but I'll change it to OneArmedBandit (a [GOLD] player suggested it |D ).

I get online on random moments so arranging games is off-limits for me. I hope the times I get online I'll be able to find other players as well.
I'll see if I can post about Smokin' Guns here and there to attract more players to it.

That's all for now. Good to be here. :)
OneArmedBandit
Drifter

Re: Just a "howdy".

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi, and welcome back :twisted:
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby OneArmedBandit » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Thanks Doc! Good to be back. :)
OneArmedBandit
Drifter

Postby Prodigy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Hello, nice to see you again and welcome back! :wink:

I would be very happy to meet you in Smokin' Guns to know you better (and your skills too, of course :D) and to play with you.
I'm almost always free to play! If I would see you in any Smokin' Guns server, I would be gladly jump for some rounds till you will get bored of me and you will give up and leave the game. :D
Lots of Smokin' Guns players usually gather at late hours, especially around 10 PM (GMT +2, my time zone), partying many hours with my friends. :)

I wish you a good day and I hope to see you around!
Breathe the pressure
Come play my game, I'll test ya
Psychosomatic, addict, insane
Prodigy
Drifter

Postby @spi » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:54 am

hidi hidi howdy how |D
in this, realy weird times, we should all stay together,
stay cool @home, clean up the peacemaker and join BB :D
best regards and chears
@spi
Pistolero

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:28 pm

@spi wrote:best regards and chears
You want to shear me? :wink:
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby OneArmedBandit » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:05 pm

Sorry for not being around sooner! I had a connection problem but it finally got fixed yesterday. I got to play smoking guns later on "baller dude"'s server . My username couldn't be seen though because I need more games in that server.

@Prodigy Same here. |D
That's when I was going online more or less so we'll play together sooner or later although..I think we might have played a couple of games already...*dun dun DUN...!*

@spi Haha! Hidi howdy how! :D
Well said, nothing more to add!

Glad that you stopped by the thread guys!

PS: I'm having errors with some maps for some time now. It started when I finally decided to turn "auto download" on (I couldn't play some maps and on the baller dude server otherwise). I have no idea how to fix it so I'll just reinstall the game and the extra files I found online. :/
Still, before that I had another minor problem; A couple of maps wouldn't show some textures.

If there's a "full pack" or something, to avoid big & small errors, let me know. Till then I'll just reinstall and have the "auto download" off.
OneArmedBandit
Drifter

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:14 pm

OneArmedBandit wrote:On "baller dude"'s server, my username couldn't be seen though because I need more games in that server.

Tell me your BB-ID and I can help you.

OneArmedBandit wrote:I'm having errors with some maps for some time now. It started when I finally decided to turn "auto download" on (I couldn't play some maps and on the baller dude server otherwise). I have no idea how to fix it so I'll just reinstall the game and the extra files I found online. :/
Still, before that I had another minor problem; A couple of maps wouldn't show some textures.

You can manually download the necessary files here. AFAIK, you should be fine, if you allow auto download, only if you play on BB and disable it otherwise.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby OneArmedBandit » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:29 pm

Appreciated! It's SGPlayer@48319

I downloaded everything there was in the link you gave me (except the text files and one gif). I overwrote the maps that I already had (there was another thread here where I found a link with maps etc) and everything seems fine so far. I just came back from playing a few games on BB.

Thanks for the help!
OneArmedBandit
Drifter

Postby Prodigy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 am

TheDoctor wrote:You can manually download the necessary files here. AFAIK, you should be fine, if you allow auto download, only if you play on BB and disable it otherwise.

But if OneAarmedBandit and other players have all Baller Bude's maps, then they would disable auto-download, how they could play on other servers like Avaloncs which have maps that need to be downloaded not found on Baller Bude server?
It's not so convenient to hunt for each missing map like I did (not that I complain, I actually liked that), when auto-download function should work. In case this function doesn't work properly, then it means that the sources (like download.smokin-guns.org) from which auto-download is taking the maps for the players in need of them have some problems (not taking in consideration misspelled links or/and wrong links). So I think we need to change the hosting source(s) for those maps.
But at least I recently uploaded all the maps needed to be downloaded in one place without hassling with hunting methods, behold the link: https://www.moddb.com/games/smokin-guns ... -maps-pack
Last edited by Prodigy on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breathe the pressure
Prodigy
Drifter

Postby OneArmedBandit » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Nicely done Prodigy, I'm on my way downloading those too. Thank you!
Btw, I've never seen a server called Avaloncs. Could it be because I haven't downloaded monster browser?

On an unrelated note, I forgot to describe a funny moment I had online when I got to play again:
The map was Clayborn(spelling?) and I was close to a pile of crates when I heard footsteps. I was going around them, trying to find out who's making that noise. After a couple of loops, when I finally looked up, there was another player looking at me. :lol: Of course he quickly shot me when I spotted him.

~The End~
OneArmedBandit
Drifter

Postby Prodigy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:18 pm

OneArmedBandit wrote:Nicely done Prodigy, I'm on my way downloading those too. Thank you!

Thank you too! :)
OneArmedBandit wrote:Btw, I've never seen a server called Avaloncs. Could it be because I haven't downloaded monster browser?

Monster Browser shouldn't create you such in-game problem. Please open Smokin' Guns game, go to Multiplayer, you need to see/chose Source: Internet and Type: All, then press Get New List. If you encounter anymore this problem, probably it is due to master server, in this case, you can press again the Get New List, but if this problem still occurs, then you can add manually server IPs inside the console opened with this ~` button situated under ESC, above TAB and left to 1!, then write /connect [server IP]. If you don't see Avaloncs servers on Monster Browser to obtain their IPs, then you can found them on this webpage: https://servers.avaloncs.group But you can also go to Multiplayer and press the Add Favorite to add your favorite servers and see them in Source: Favorites.
Nice story. I feel Smokin' Guns is alive. I played many times without any game sound when I turned back directly in my opponents faces just to get scared, I couldn't even shoot them while my hands were shaking, but of course, they didn't hesitated to shoot me. :D
Breathe the pressure
Prodigy
Drifter

Postby Prodigy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Weird, I was editing my second message from this thread to mention [quote="TheDoctor"], but mentioned OneArmedBandit, then I submitted my mistake, but instead of seeing what I edited, it duplicated my second message in this one, now edited to reflect what I did, and now I don't know how to delete this message!
Breathe the pressure
Prodigy
Drifter

Postby OneArmedBandit » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 pm

Prodigy wrote:
OneArmedBandit wrote:Nicely done Prodigy, I'm on my way downloading those too. Thank you!

Thank you too! :)
OneArmedBandit wrote:Btw, I've never seen a server called Avaloncs. Could it be because I haven't downloaded monster browser?

Monster Browser shouldn't create you such in-game problem. Please open Smokin' Guns game, go to Multiplayer, you need to see/chose Source: Internet and Type: All, then press Get New List. If you encounter anymore this problem, probably it is due to master server, in this case, you can press again the Get New List, but if this problem still occurs, then you can add manually server IPs inside the console opened with this ~` button situated under ESC, above TAB and left to 1!, then write /connect [server IP]. If you don't see Avaloncs servers on Monster Browser to obtain their IPs, then you can found them on this webpage: https://servers.avaloncs.group But you can also go to Multiplayer and press the Add Favorite to add your favorite servers and see them in Source: Favorites.
Nice story. I feel Smokin' Guns is alive. I played many times without any game sound when I turned back directly in my opponents faces just to get scared, I couldn't even shoot them while my hands were shaking, but of course, they didn't hesitated to shoot me. :D

I do find servers, I just thought I couldn't find Avaloncs....but I can after all. x) I checked the info from a couple of servers just now and the info of one of them does say "Avaloncs" so there goes that. :D
I don't have monster browser btw. I just wondered if I had to install it to find Avaloncs, that's all. Sorry for the confusion!
Haha! I try to always look back even with the sound on. Plenty of times I feel like a sitting duck. :P

As long as there's fun to be had, the game will keep on going. Too bad I still need more games in BB under my belt in order to get unmuted etc. I can't even say "hi" and "gg". :/
I'll try to hang around in the EU servers more.

About your second post: Meh, if you can't delete it, let it be. |D
OneArmedBandit
Drifter

Postby Betaversion » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:14 pm

Hello, OneArmedBandit. I'm new to SG, but I used to play Enemy Territory and Urban Terror some 10+ years ago. I'm glad to see any former Quake-based player get back into the swing of things, regardless of the specific game.

I made some simple maps for ET and UT at that time. I'm going to play SG for a few weeks to learn it, and then I'll try my hand at making maps again. I'm going to use NetRadiant this time 'round. Cheers everyone.
Betaversion
Newcomer

Next

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel