With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Stand-Alone testers wanted.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:57 am

We have had several trusted individuals testing our SA for quite awhile now. But the time has come to seek a broader range of players for this. I am posting this request here (rather than make a news post on the main page) because we feel that people who actually browse the forum are true fans & therefore the most qualified. If you are serious about being a contributing tester, simply post your interest to help here. I will not respond to each individual post, in an effort to keep this thread clean, but will send you a private message informing you of your activation instead. At that time you will see a new area of the forum with files & instructions. If you have trouble registering on our forum you can send an email to either Hika or myself & we will get you registered. If you were a beta 2.2 tester you will still need to post here if you cannot already see the SA forum. People who are granted access to the tester forum but do not attempt to provide feedback will eventually have that access revoked. We're edging closer to our goal folks. You can help us make our stand-alone the very best we can if you're willing to do your part. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby stoic_ails » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:00 pm

I really would be happy to test your SA version :) Hopefully there will be a linux version .. ? ;)
stoic_ails
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:48 pm

It works for Win32, Linux & MacOSX. 8)
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:48 am

I would be happy to be a tester if you need me.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Roy_O'Bannon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:57 am

Hey i'd like to help out anyway i can
Roy_O'Bannon
Newcomer

Testing

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:42 am

"The one they're makin' all the fuss about?" I'd like to help if I'm qualified.
ChainLightnin'
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Donut » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:11 am

I'd love to help.

(I know, I don't frequent the forums... I had an account but forgot the username. And that tournament of some sorts has re-kindled my interest in WQ3 all over again. :wink: )
Donut
Drifter

Postby bLOODLETTING » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:44 am

Unlike Donut... :) I frequent the 'rums... just dont post much of anything. WoW been time consuming, but getting bored of it.

Im in the need to play some sort of FPS, just need to find the Quake 3 disks... grrr.
bLOODLETTING
Drifter

Postby L3th4l » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:32 am

bLOODLETTING wrote:Unlike Donut... :) I frequent the 'rums... just dont post much of anything. WoW been time consuming, but getting bored of it.

Im in the need to play some sort of FPS, just need to find the Quake 3 disks... grrr.

Long time no see mike..

You won't need the disks for this as it is the Stand Alone version.. Meaning " NO NEED Q3A"
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby elpresidente » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:45 pm

I would be interested. I've been looking for something new to play.
elpresidente
Pistolero

Postby MisterX » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:03 pm

I'd also like to apply for the job of a tester of the stand-alone release. I'm surely not a regular on these boards, as my counter already suggests, but you can still call me a true fan of this mod. I simply loved the mod when I used to play it years ago and this love didn't wear off at all. So far I don't know any other western mod as good as this one, and in many ways, for example the atmosphere, excellent movement or just gameplay as a whole not a single mod in general reached WQ3's quality.
So, well, you get the point - I just love this mod :) Therefore this is also the reason why I'd love being able to participate in it's development, if only for finding bugs or stating my opinion about certain features. It's so great that it's development is being carried on by you guys, so also I want this version, the stand-alone release, to be the definite one, to not have a single reason for bemoaning the past, when this mod was still being played more actively. I totally appreciate what you guys are doing, I put up all my hopes for this great project and that it becomes what it's being expected to become, with or without my little help :)
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby mag » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:55 am

I,d like to test the SA too. i'm new here and i'm currently playing this mod with openarena but i have some problems with it so, yeah i'D like to be a tester.
mag
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:46 am

Howdy Mag! Just a reminder to anyone seeking to be a tester. I don't usually respond to requests in this thread but send out responses via private messages instead. ;)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Dexx » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:57 pm

I would be glad to help you.
searching for a poncho...
Dexx
Pistolero

Count me in

Postby Chainsaw » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:24 am

I'm happy to test the SA version. I'll only test the Linux version, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of testers for Windows and Mac.
Chainsaw
Quick Draw

Next

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel