With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Anything not SG related goes here. Just keep it clean!

Moderator: Pardner

Using WQ3 textures in another project

Postby dolny » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:27 pm

UFO:AI is a game heavily inspired by UFO: Enemy Unknown / XCOM 1 & 2 games back from the 90's. I've been helping with polish translation, hosted the polish boards and maybe I'll try to make a map or two. I wanted to ask if I could / the project could use some of WQ3 textures? Do you have something against it?

http://www.ufoai.net

Try it out - download the dev version, the stable version is really out of date.
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:25 pm

I don't think anyone on the Smokin' Guns team has the authority to grant nor deny permission for this. Since ICI created the original textures, you need to contact someone from that team. I think you know who. :wink:
Keep in mind that the new maps released in version 2.2 contain some textures that were used from other sources. You can use those but you need to check the documentation & give credit to the original authors...not us. The stone textures from map-center is a good example.
BTW, why would you want wq3 textures for an outer-space themed game??
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby dolny » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 pm

Because the aliens often invade cities, their UFOs sometimes crash in some villages etc. Those textures can be used for the ground, buildings etc. :)
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Return to Hitchin' Post

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel