With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

We've chosen a name for the SA!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:00 am

Sorry for the lack of news lately folks. Seems most of the team is getting kicked in the pants by real life again. But I am happy to announce that after much deliberation, we've settled on a name for our upcoming stand alone project.
I'd like to thank the fans who participated in our discussion in the forum about this. It really made such a difficult thing a little easier on us. Though it saddens me to have to rename WQ3, I hope this ushers in a new & exciting chapter in it's continued development. Not only does the new name sound pretty cool, it just seems to make sense having called ourselves the Smokin' Guns dev team for the last 2 years. Anyway, now that this period of difficulty is behind us we are hopeful that we can get busy making the needed changes that go along with such a thing.

L3th4l will be doing his best to find time in his busy schedule to slowly make changes to the website. In fact, it's possible we may end up with a new url in time. We'll let you know. I'm also told there's a good chance we'll have working links to server stats on the main page again. A new updated beginner's guide to mapping for this game will also go live soon. Last, but not least, EvilFutsin has informed me he's ready to get some new footage for an intro/credits idea we've been kicking around. Keep a close eye on that thread if you'd like to help. 8) I'm crossing my fingers that we can get back on track & get a lot done in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:37 am

The image link (upload8) seems to be broken. At least, my Firefox isn't displaying it.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby L3th4l » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:44 am

I'm using FF too, shows up fine.. Sometimes postimage.org has problems..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby EvilFutsin » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:57 am

Werkz fer moi.

And yaaaaaaaaaay. :D
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Chainsaw » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:17 pm

I heartily concur. I'm glad to see the new name, logo, and mad props to the Smokin' Guns!

I can't wait until the SA is out and I can pester my friends who no longer have Q3A disks to download it.
Chainsaw
Quick Draw

Postby DeUgli » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:32 pm

L3th4l wrote:I'm using FF too, shows up fine.. Sometimes postimage.org has problems..

Yes, must have been postimage.org. I see the Smokin' Guns image fine now. Nice!
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Deka » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:55 pm

Chainsaw wrote:I can't wait until the SA is out and I can pester my friends who no longer have Q3A disks to download it.

You can already use OpenArena to play Smoking' Guns/WQ3 :wink:
Avec Linux vous avez un noyau, avec Windows, seulement des pépins...
Deka
Drifter

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel