With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

New HeH (Moved from Map Revisions))

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:57 pm

Click Here for the zip. I changed a few things. You may or may not like all of the changes. Let me know what you think. You do not need to rename or move the old HeH level. To play the new one, look for dm_hangemhigh or br_hangemhigh in the game menu. I'm sure hika will add this to his test server when he sees this. :wink:

BTW, performance is pretty bad if you run this in the mod version of wq3. But thanks to hika's enhancements to the SA it runs just fine for me in the stand alone. 8) However, I'm keen to know if anyone experiences bad frame rates. If it's too bad, removing the texture blending should fix it.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Chainsaw » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:24 am

I've just finished playing it a couple times in single player mode. performance was fine on my 2.8Ghz P4, 256MB Nvidia card, Linux (slackware 11.0).

The only criticism I have is that the barn at the far edge of town, inside it (where the two bowie knives are) seemed weirdly yellow. Otherwise, great. Oh yeah... I really miss the box of dynamite behind the counter of the funeral home. I assume you moved it, but I couldn't find it. I'm too cheap to buy dynamite if I can get it free.

On a side note, I *really* like wq_mine_r. Is there any chance that a finished version will be in the final SA release? I ask because there are some serious blurred/whizzy patches, and bad strobe-bot effects in it. Maybe I should post this part separately.?.
Chainsaw
Quick Draw

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:39 am

None of the revision maps will be released unless we can figure out what is causing the Hall Of Mirror effect (whizzy as you put it) in them. So far no luck..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:26 am

Chainsaw wrote:I really miss the box of dynamite behind the counter of the funeral home. I assume you moved it, but I couldn't find it.

I didn't move it very far. It's in the same building. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

revision

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:13 pm

I really like the ambiance of the place. It feels like some of the little western towns in the Pacific Northwest. Maybe the solstice you used? Fun! :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby hika » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:16 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I'm sure hika will add this to his test server when he sees this. :wink:

Tadaaa !! It's ready on the test server.
Enjoy and happy testing folks 8)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 am

I decided to split this from the Revised Maps thread. Me, Chico, Chilli, Chainsaw, Chain-Lightning & Dadamungo did some testing last night & BR mode was actually not that bad, as far as I could tell. Seems a pretty good time was had by all. So, I got some very good ideas about how to improve the gameplay. I may be able to add a back entrance to the hotel (between the managers room & the building under construction) without hurting performance. At least one major bug was found regarding the safe in the Lawyer's office. Another small bug or two was found...no big deal to fix. One caulked face & two places where your head bumps the skybox if you try to jump. Easily fixed I think.

Chilli says the entire level is "brownish" in color?
Chico says there's too much horse poo in the map.
Chain reports a strange "yellow glow" in the barn next to the church.

Anything else?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Chainsaw » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:23 am

I sorta liked the extra horse poo. Now if there was only a small movement penalty for walking through it... Like, 20% reduction for the next 5 steps. That would be awesome!

OK, maybe too much, but it really appeals to my prurient side. (I think I used the word right). Imagine furiously back-stepping while firing with both pistols only to step in poo... could mean the difference between life and death.
Chainsaw
Quick Draw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:23 am

LOL! I could probably give it a "slippery" effect come to think of it. Sort of like a very short, skating feeling? But I'd have to test it to see if it's annoying or not. If it turned out to be acceptable, which I kinda doubt, I'd only want a limited number of poo hazards.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Poo

Postby ChainLightnin' » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:47 am

Could be fun. Poo's always been a part of the Old West. How about the carpet bagger in the town when he sees Josie Wales? Obvious poo scene there. I was looking for a snake to shoot in the old coach at Coyote Bluff, too, in case it might bite? Such great maps anyway! :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Re: Poo

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:43 pm

ChainLightnin' wrote:I was looking for a snake to shoot in the old coach at Coyote Bluff, too, in case it might bite?

I actually had a small damage (like yer getting bit) in there with the rattler, but I got too many complaints about it, so I removed it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:14 pm

Yeah for me, that's a little much on the "poo" factor. Some poo is fine. Too much is not. ;)

Lovin' the BR version's lighting though. Hawt. 8) Except I do notice the yellow in the barn. I get the feeling it's the ambient light of the skybox mixed with the bright textures of the hay bales. Maybe make a seperate texture to see if you can desaturate it a bit?
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:47 am

I fixed the bugs & tried to tweak the lighting. Hopefully, the barn doesn't glow yellow as much. Was gonna upload tonight but I noticed I still have a problem with the money in the lawyers office in BR mode. I'll try to figure that out & hopefully present the next version tomorrow evening. I also moved the spawnpoints around for BR & added some dynamite boxes for the robbers. As far as I can tell, the money problem is the only thing that remains, bug-wise. Tried to add a door between the managers room in the hotel & the building under construction next door.....but it made a big difference for fps in that area of the map. So, I did away with that idea. Anyway, stay tuned for the next version. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:38 am

I ran into a bit of trouble with the bot compile, but I eventually figured it out. Reduced the poo by 35% or so. Let me know if there's still too much for your liking. I also had some yellow colored lights in the barn. I made them white now. If that's not enough to reduce the "yellow glow" I'll try tweaking the haybale textures per Futsin's suggestion. The mysteriously disappearing money in the lawyer's office seems to be fixed now, but only some real testing will prove it. Delete your existing hangemhigh.pk3 before installing this one. As usual, I'm sure Hika will let us know here when it's live on the test server. CLICK ANY LINK IN THIS THREAD FOR LATEST VERSION.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:34 am

Sorry for the delay. It's now on the test server. I think I will take the time to test it, this week end.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Next

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel