With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

What is your favorite bank robbery map? (Durango is a given.)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Backwater
No votes
Cobber
22%
Coyote Bluff
No votes
El Paso
11%
Lake
6%
Mexico
14%
No Name City
No votes
Santa Cruz
11%
Train
31%
Farm
6%

Total votes : 36

Postby Pardner » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:24 pm

Joe Kari wrote:Me and Coup' George are ok, but we haven't any IRL friend that plays Smokin' Guns...
So I post here, maybe other french/european would join us...
Or if one team needs two guys...
(favorite map : cobber, could play from 14h-GMT to midnight-GMT, favorite server : Wasteland).

Great to hear you and George are interested. Send me a PM when you get a full team. I'll let you know if another French players joins and needs a team.

Joe Kari wrote:What are the rules of this tourney ?
Only one match ?

Sorry for the relay again. I will be posting the complete rules by the end of the day (GMT-5)

Joe Kari wrote:A good and fair system could be an home/visitor system : 2 BR match, the first one on the server and map of the choice of team A, and the second one on the server and map of the choice of team B. Finally, just add score of the two match to have the final score...
(or maybe a more complex system : first match on server of team A's choice and map of team B's choice, second match on server of team B's choice and map of team A's choice).

I am really waiting to see how many people sign up. I was really hoping for more interest in this thread so I could get a better idea of how to run the tourney. If only a small amount of North American players join, then the entire tourney will be run on wastelands. If we get enough interest, then yes, we will do a best of 3 on different servers. Also, the final match will be a best of 3 series.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:07 pm

When does the sign up close?
The REAL Blackjack Ketchum
\/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Jack_Ketchum

[R.I.P =Cowboys From Hell= Clan]
Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:31 pm

April 25th
Pardner
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Wait, if the day for the Tourney is Apr 19th, then why are....okay, some typo was made or I misread something. So the Tourney's on Apr 26th or later?
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:20 pm

Tourney is being held on:
April 26th

I made a type o on my sign-ups post and DeUgly called me on it. (Was really tired when I made the post or something)
Pardner
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:00 am

I wonder if teams of four are the optimal number of players, given how few of us there are world-wide. Would you consider making the teams three players each? It seems with four there would hardly be any playoffs...

Pardner, of course you knew that as soon as you started setting it up, people would chime in with changes they want. :lol:
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:15 am

@ Hika :
Have you plan to join a team ? :D
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:03 pm

DeUgli wrote:I wonder if teams of four are the optimal number of players, given how few of us there are world-wide. Would you consider making the teams three players each? It seems with four there would hardly be any playoffs...

Pardner, of course you knew that as soon as you started setting it up, people would chime in with changes they want. :lol:

I realize that there are few players and that we would have more rounds if the teams were smaller, but I chose 4 because it seems the optimal number of people to make a really good BR match. The WQ3 maps seem to work really well with 4 VS 4. I really hope we get enough people to make it worth doing, but I also want to keep the numbers fairly low. This is kinda a learning experience for me.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Pardner wrote:The WQ3 maps seem to work really well with 4 VS 4. I really hope we get enough people to make it worth doing, but I also want to keep the numbers fairly low. This is kinda a learning experience for me.
Sounds good to me. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this, Pardner.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:11 pm

DeUgli wrote:Sounds good to me. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this, Pardner.

It is a pleasure to run these tourneys. I think its great to offer this aspect of WQ3 to the people that really enjoy organized competitions. I noticed that there a few clans tags appearing online.
Like I said before, I don't have too much experience with this sort of thing, so by all means, make suggestions. I just want everybody to have fun :D

BTW: the Tourney Page is up and running. Nothing is finalized on there yet and things will most likely change. (matches, times, etc)
Pardner
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:37 pm

Pardner wrote:I think its great to offer this aspect of WQ3 to the people that really enjoy organized competitions.

I think your on the wrong website pard. Whats the title of this site say?? :D :P :lol: :wink:
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby stuffStohl » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 pm

:idea: Hola,

me interested joining team with Joe Kari and Coup George, location: europe, map: no idea, team: none

Sending PM to Pardner....

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby Joe Kari » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 pm

@ StuffStohl :
Very nice ! ;)
One player to go !
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Sounds like a DANGEROUS team up :D