With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Remember the Alamo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:26 am

Howdy! Joe Kari & Coup' George have been hard at work the last few months learning how to make their own levels. I'm pleased to report that an improved beta version is available for our testers in the SA Tester section of the forum. Check out the 'pic-o-the-week' for a sample of their elaborate work. Additional screenshots can be seen here. I've got to tell you, these budding level designers really went the extra mile for their first try. A lot of custom, high-res textures & models enhance this product tremendously. A new trend for future maps perhaps? Will we see this map released soon? Stay tuned to find out. I'm very impressed you guys! 8)

*Update* Here are few more screens to wet your whistle. There are also several more in the comments section of this news post.

ImageImage
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby haraldx » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 am

cant wait till i can shoot someone with my shiny peacmakers ! but only sad thing... maybe my computer will run the map realy slowly. since (sorry, i dont know is it the right word) i am playing on medium quality and still most of the maps run pretty slow. i could get a new machine but in the time i dont have much time.
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:59 pm

Hi !

ReD, can you edit your post to include thes thumbnail screenies ? :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 am

That's too many screen shots to put on the main page news, but I will add a few of em.
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Clink Eastward » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:17 am

Top quality stuff, excellent! :wink:
"But if you miss you had better miss very well. Whoever double-crosses me and leaves me alive, he understands nothing about Tuco"
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby Midge » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:04 am

still waiting for playing with all of you that excellent map !
Midge
Newcomer

Postby Joe Kari » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:18 am

Hey ! Midge ! You are still around :)
I have finished my map yesterday, I hope some server will provide it soon !
There is something concerning you in the map, I hope you will enjoy ;)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Turtleman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks for Alamo map! Is is really great. Looks very nice, unique atmosphere. And more important it is great to play, different from other maps, lots of nice details.

How long it takes to make such a map? It can't even imagine...
Turtleman
Drifter

Postby Joe Kari » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi !

Thanks a lot for your comment ;)
Glad to see that you are still around !

How long it takes ? Difficult to remember, we have had some long break... Maybe something like 5 months, including the time to learn how to make a map ;)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Maps always seem to take longer than they usually do because of breaks. Breaks always seem to help the map though. For me at least, creativity always comes in waves. If I have a good idea i try to map it out, then keep adding to it as ideas keep coming.

Alamo seem like a short time, but 5 months sounds about right. Its a great map. Joe and Coup sure had some great ideas!!

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:32 pm

You still can rob both safes without blowing them up. Big house safe can be robbed from below by sticking your head up through the floor to where the gold is. Saloon safe can be robbed by walking into it and pointing head to the floor so it sticks inside the safe and allows to touch gold.

It's a real plague in Jeux these days and I hoped it'd be fixed in Alamo rework...
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Joe Kari » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:02 am

Saloon safe is fixed, for the big house safe, please post a video, I really can't steal the bag whatever I tried.

Those physical engine bug piss me off :|
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:11 am

I dropped the demo to your PM box. Thanks for taking time to fix it.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby TheDoctor » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:51 pm

rane wrote:You still can rob both safes without blowing them up. It's a real plague in Jeux these days and I hoped it'd be fixed in Alamo rework.
A general solution would be to create a standardized safe model for use in all br_* maps, wouldn't it?

Moreover, it would be cool if safes were entities so you could easily place them at other spots. Applications: easy map balancing, conversion of dm_* maps in to br_* maps, support for other gametypes (Capture the bag) which might need safes at opposite ends of a map.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:04 pm

TheDoctor wrote:A general solution would be to create a standardized safe model for use in all br_* maps, wouldn't it?

That could be a possibility. We could include a "prefab" folder in the next mapping tools release. This would allow the mapper to modify the safe prefab in what ever way they need.

Is this a problem in the safe used in Lago? I used the safe Red used in the br_test1 map. If that one is ok, it might serve as a good starting point.
Pardner
SG Team

Next

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel