With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Anything not SG related goes here. Just keep it clean!

Moderator: Pardner

Your hobbies!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun May 18, 2008 3:04 am

The moment I know ALL of you have been waiting for! :lol: You get to see the face (and gut) of one of the oldest gunslingers in these parts! But how many of you can say you've got a horse? I reckon' a steel horse counts?

(Ok, at least I'm younger than Deugli & Chain Lightnin' & have bulging shoulder muscles from years of riding!)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3k0sATwE2PU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3k0sATwE2PU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sun May 18, 2008 1:07 pm

:lol:

is that a XT550? My brother has one too ... so finally you sell the bane of your ass, hm :lol:
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Sun May 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Groovin' bike! And good mug, Red, I'd put you in a flick any day. Got that real "supporting independent movie actor" look.
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun May 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Thanks Futsin!

@Breli: It's a 2001 Yamaha YZ426F
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Re: Wanna see ReD?

Postby DeUgli » Sun May 18, 2008 11:06 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:You get to see the face (and gut) of one of the oldest gunslingers in these parts!

You call that a gut? My gut :lol: at your gut.

That looks like a very nice bike. Sounds great, too.

Too bad my riding days are over. I had a sweet '79 Bonneville Special until a drunk driver broadsided me.
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Dadamungo » Mon May 19, 2008 2:59 am

That is a cool bike. I've actually been considering trading my bike in on a dirt/street type bike since I don't commute to work anymore. This is my current bike, I love it, but I also live in the most rural area you can dream of, so something to handle the crappy PA roads would be great:

http://rob.forevermyautumn.com/pics/ima ... cf0017.jpg
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon May 19, 2008 5:38 am

Ah, it is true Red, that I will be 61 this month. Surely there might be an older smokin' gunslinger out there somewhere. But I keep my gunbelt slack, by riding my trusty windsurfers! :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Re: Wanna see ReD?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon May 19, 2008 6:05 am

DeUgli wrote:Too bad my riding days are over. I had a sweet '79 Bonneville Special until a drunk driver broadsided me.

:cry: Sorry to hear that DeUgli. I tried riding a street bike for a week once. A couple of close calls from cars & animals cured me of that idea forever. Dirt hurts bad enough & I've seen what asphalt does to people.
Dadamungo wrote:I've actually been considering trading my bike in on a dirt/street type bike since I don't commute to work anymore.

I've wanted a dual sport bike for the longest time! But like I said above, the hazards of the street scare me. :wink:
ChainLightnin' wrote:Ah, it is true Red, that I will be 61 this month.

Happy Birthday! Ya old fart! :lol: Looking good on that wind surf thingy!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Mon May 19, 2008 2:30 pm

I can understand the fear of the street for sure, there's not much traffic around here so it's not as bad as say they guy I saw yesterday on the way back from DC riding on 495, and 270. Mainly, I would need a way to get the bike to the dirt since I don't have a truck.

@ChainLightnin' Hat's off man! Way to stay active. That looks like great fun.
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon May 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Thanks guys! Dada, could you get a little trailer for the bike?

http://trailer11.com/product/product_de ... &proID=209

I used to pull a sailboat all over the country with a Volkswagen and a little trailer.
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:05 am

I changed the title of this thread since Dadamungo & I have discussed putting up more pics of our steel horses. But any outdoor sport you enjoy could go here. :) Let's see some photos!
My YZ426F is still for sale, but I had to jump on a good deal on a bike I really wanted recently.

It's a 2002 Honda XR250R. (Honda doesn't make them anymore since 2004.)
Image Image Image Image

Not nearly as powerful & better suited for a middle aged man. Plus, this is more reliable & requires much less maintenance. Good for trail riding which is all I need. :D I still managed to bruise the crap out of my leg on it though. :( Everyone tells me I'm too old to ride. I just smile & say "No I'm not. I'm just too old to wreck!" :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Here's a couple of photos from a ride in the mountains not far from my home last month.

Image Image

And some videos I've made are HERE for anyone who might be interested.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Never too old to ride! Racing looks like a different story, though! Fun to see. Trials on all our cliffs and boulders out here is getting popular. Ultra low gearing on those funny bikes. You could tumble down the mountainside, but you aren't shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of guys going like crazy! I forgot about the red dirt out there.
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:46 am

My latest adventure.

http://www.vimeo.com/1749958
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:49 am

He! that reminds me of my time in the army were I was trained to become "Kradmelder" :lol: Riding through a forest in winter for hours ... all the time standing ... and what for? Just for not having touched a bike after the training :roll: ... well, I guess armys are never supposed to make a hell lot of sense!

Cool Vid!
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Next

Return to Hitchin' Post

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel