With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

My second favorite mod :)

Postby RACE » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:51 am

I just like to say WQ3 is my second favorite mod :) Cool game and serious fun. The next version looks to be a double blast, me looks forward to doing my Clint Eastwood shotouts :)
RACE
Newcomer

Postby Lixus » Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:23 am

hey thanx, so what's your favourite mod?
true combat i guess?
you are THE race from the tc team..?
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby RACE » Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:23 pm

Yeah Lixus full marks to you, its now a bit obvious why TrueCombat is my fave eh :)

Just thought I would register and show some support for WQ3, cool mod.

Keep it up guys, I look forward to the new stuff

Stay Fresh Lt. Frag :)
RACE
Newcomer

Postby Lixus » Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:23 pm

man, i whish i could play the new beta of tc tight now.. i don't like realism mods too much normally, but tc has taken it to a new level, and the graphics in the new version look perfect..
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:09 pm

Well, I have to say WQ3 IS my favorite mod. There are some great ones out there but I play this one the most. I guess it stems to my love of the western movies of my youth. (I'll be 36 in October. DOH!!!)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Fav Mods

Postby =[TxP]= NiXoN » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:05 am

To be honoust my favourite mod is Quake 3 Western, allthough...... I allways hoped Team Iron Claw would include the realistic moves and features of True Combat..; The holster function to climb, and the climbfunction itself; the not existing crosshair! ( that is the most annoying part of all 1st person shooters to my oppinion, a crosshair, it's so not real you know...), True Combat has got the best system when it comes to realistic aiming and shooting, i just hate crosshairs, asif you run around in a western with a Head Up Display.... But... The Western Scene and the maps and gameoptions of Q3 Western are really the best! I am looking forward to rob a bank with the clan, or to face another clanteam in a duel :!:

=[TxP]= NiXoN
Leader of The Ex Presidents
The Ex Presidents™ - Peace by Superior Firepower!~
=[TxP]= NiXoN
Drifter

Postby General Tso » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:53 pm

We talked about using a sight view rather than the crosshair but in the end opted against it.

I've been shooting since I was about 8, have recieved military training over the past 15 years, and have shot Cowboy competition shooting for the past 4 years and I just haven't seen anything in a game yet that does a good of replicating a realistic site picture when you take into effect the whole enviroment. America's Army comes pretty close but the problem there is lack of peripheral vision.

In real life you can easily look away from the sights for a second as you move and you can point shoot down the barrel real fast if something pops up unexpectedly close by if you don't have time to get back on the sights. Both of those things are hard to replicate in game IMO and I argued against trying. I think it's the lack of proper depth perception to some degree and a limit in the control interface (keyboard and mouse) to make you're reactions fluid enough to realistically mimic reality.

The crosshair is an unrealistic compromise but I think it mnakes games more playable and less frustrating. Opinions vary obviously but that's mine. In the end you're still sitting down at a desk behind a computer and pawing at your mouse and not actually handling a sawed off double while ambling through the streets of San Pedro with the dust blowing grit into your teeth and the sun in your eyes so it's never going to be quite the same :).
General Tso
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:49 am

These are just games afterall. :roll: Realism is fine as long as the game is still fun to play. Personally, I don't care either way. As long as I'm having a good time, it really doesn't matter.....and that's what games are for, right? :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Just games

Postby =[TxP]= NiXoN » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:18 am

Yes it's nice to have fun and that's excactly what i am intend to have with Q3 Western. I don't run around the streets carrying a shotgun, and i know i am just using a keyboard and mouse to shoot, totally not the same as in real life. But that's not what i want reallife shooting, i just liked the aiming system of True Combat the best, wether it's more realistic or not... After all it's just a game.

=[TxP]= NiXoN
=[TxP]= NiXoN
Drifter

Postby Lixus » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:22 pm

hey, i heard of some research at an university in america (i think) where they used a modified version of quake 3 to render 3d monsters in an all natural environment... that means you can run around in your backyard shooting monsters luring around a corner.. it is done with hm.. two half transparent distplays at your glasses, a compass, satelite position finder, a plastic gun and some backpack.. sounds like huge fun if it ever gets realized... but it seems that it works in the test phase...
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Lmao

Postby =[TxP]= NiXoN » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:42 pm

Sounds like fun! Lets do this, apply it on Quake 3 Western! So let's see; all i need besides my Quake 3, modfiles, pc and keyboard + mouse, would be a backpack( i got a large one), a plastic gun ( hmmm one of them waterguns called supersoakers), and special lenses hmmm that's more difficult, will jamjars do? :wink:

=[TxP]= NiXoN
=[TxP]= NiXoN
Drifter

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel