With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby F4K3Y » Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:06 pm

As far as I am concerned the "indian wars" were before the time of WQ3
which plays around the turn of the 19th century (Tso you might confirm this), so you cannot act in that historical background.

The "indians issue" was often discussed by Spoon and me orally.
We really don't want to judge history in this game.
We thought about placing the indians ingame just like any outlaw or lawman.

We don't want to do sort of "indians vs. white settlers" gamemode refering to historical events, there will be one indian character for each team (so there are indians in both teams, good and bad).
Maybe they will have special weapons e.g. tomahawk instead of the knife...
but because of the game balance they should also have access to the standard arsenal.

I can't imagine that there will be lawman/outlaw players killing indian players (or the other way around) because of the historical background.
F4K3Y
Iron Claw

Postby cortlens » Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:33 pm

I like that idea.
cortlens
Drifter

Postby General Tso » Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:22 am

F4K3Y wrote:As far as I am concerned the "indian wars" were before the time of WQ3
which plays around the turn of the 19th century (Tso you might confirm this), so you cannot act in that historical background.

The "indians issue" was often discussed by Spoon and me orally.
We really don't want to judge history in this game.
We thought about placing the indians ingame just like any outlaw or lawman.

We don't want to do sort of "indians vs. white settlers" gamemode refering to historical events, there will be one indian character for each team (so there are indians in both teams, good and bad).
Maybe they will have special weapons e.g. tomahawk instead of the knife...
but because of the game balance they should also have access to the standard arsenal.

Correct. The Plains Wars were officially over around 1890 IIRC, and WQ3 is settling in at the tail end of the frontier period in the late 1890's.

My concept of Indian player models was the same as your own, simply as an option for regular game modes not in conjunction with any special play type of thing. As I stated in my earlier post, Indians had their place on either side of the law just like any other folks and should be treated just like any other player model in game if we ever do add them.
General Tso
Iron Claw

Postby Drakhon » Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:26 am

First to that Indian thing: I think the way Fakey suggested it, would be the best for the game, and if we'll have Indians, they'll be most likely like that.

Now to all that other stuff said :
Killing is BAD. No matter who is killed, it's never good.
And I don't see much difference in the death of an soldier or the death of an policeman. Both tried to make their jobs. And it's always tragic for the ralatives. I just can't believe that someone thinks that a killed cop isn't that bad. I mean, damn, those cops try to help, to make the world a mor secure place. They are the good guys!!! (Perhaps I should tell you that my dad is a cop himself).
I just wanted to say, that wq3 is a game. There is violence in it (like in every shooter out there). But it's nonetheless a game. It's about skill. You know who is the best and fastest in getting a crosshair on a moving target. I hope you agree with me on that.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby cortlens » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:48 am

I have reasons to feel the way I do. Don't forgot that Texas and Germany are very diffrent places. I don't think killing police is going to make the world a happier place, in fact it does the opposite becuase they get twice as bad Ie: more repression, more police. If you took a poll of kids at My former high school of whether they thought police were good or bad, I am sure it would be 80% for bad, at my current College I am sure it would be more like 60%. Maybe I am just a troubled urban youth venting frustration, but I am not some physco path who thinks people should be killed for no reason. I don't think you could understand me wihtout being me so lets just forget it.
cortlens
Drifter

Postby F4K3Y » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:18 pm

I think most of you will agree that the world is a wicked place,
the influential oppress the weak that's what life is and our civilization is heading directly into self destruction.
We shouldn't accept this.
F4K3Y
Iron Claw

Postby cortlens » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:07 pm

we shouldn't accept the idea world is a wicked place run by the influential
or we should accept the idea, and try not accept the way the world is Ie: try to change it. I ama little confused.
cortlens
Drifter

Postby Spoon » Sun Mar 10, 2002 1:13 am

Well, I've already accepted it. The Evolution will force mankind to die.
Spoon
Iron Claw

Previous

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel