With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
*** Get the scoop on western flicks you should see. ***

Moderator: EvilFutsin

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon May 07, 2007 2:45 am

Yeah, Return of Sabata actually put me to sleep. So did Indio Black for awhile. o_o
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby MR_poker » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:41 pm

wow this movie rocks :D 8O
MR_poker
Newcomer

Postby CRAZYHOSE » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Just saw this movie last night, and although I prefer more serious, brooding, moral stories, I quite enjoyed this.

Some parts were awful, but its action packed and had some cool ideas.

I thought the mexican ex-soldier was a good light hearted counter weight to van cleefs more serious charactor. The indian was very odd, as he was a white guy with a really good tan! I wonder wether this was a concious decision? :lol:

I too was falling asleep halfway through but that was probably because i had just eaten a meal and I do that these days :lol:, but I made a real effort to stay awake for the end. Not sure it was worth it now!

Gonna watch 'Adios sabata' tonight.

++DYNAMITE EXPERT FOR HIRE,MINES,MURDERS++
CRAZYHOSE
Pistolero

Re: Sabata (1969)

Postby Personne ! » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:47 am

Sabata is a great spaghetti western! Great entertainment with lots of action and surprises! Lee Van Cleef is excellent (as always), and also William Berger (Banjo), a regular German actor in European westerns. Not to mention unforgettable music.

As for the other parts of the trilogy, I haven't seen Indio Black with Yul Brynner, but I was very disappointed by the return of Sabata, which is funny, but a bit redundant and cluttered in my opinion...

I think the bests Lee Van Cleef's westerns (apart from sergio leone's) are the big gundown and death rides a horse ! :twisted:
Personne !
Newcomer

Previous

Return to Western Movie of the Month

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel