With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

ATTENTION TESTERS!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:34 am

We have a test package ready! Look in the "Stand-alone Testing" section of the forum for the download link & other important information. If you can't see that section of the forum then you aren't a tester. :P

So, what does this mean for the general public? It means we have reached a milestone as far as the stand-alone project is concerned. But we won't be releasing the SA right away. There are still a few files that must be replaced, content that needs polishing, not to mention the bugs we'll likely encounter. Naturally, all of this will take some time. I promised the SA in 2008 & so you shall have it before 2009. That's all I can say. Stay tuned pilgrims! :D

For the pic-o-the-week I've posted a screenshot of me & Tequila. We are the first to officially test the Stand-alone! 8O

WE NOW HAVE THE MAC HELP WE NEED. MUCHAS GRACIAS TO EVERYONE WHO OFFERED THEIR SERVICES!
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby stuffStohl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Hola!

May the non testers get a short interim report? I´m rather curious what s going on.

Yihaaa,

--stuff--
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby sparcdr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi. I'm a revolverphile, love them. I also happen to have a Mac I could try and compile the engine against. I suggest you look into using ioQuake3 as a base in the future, since it has successfully been ported to Solaris x86/SPARC, Windows x86/x64, Linux x86/64 and Mac x86/PPC and has many fixes. The only difference is punkbuster, but there's alternatives, such as developing a basic admin plugin to run checks, and implementation of binary map/engine checksums to make sure that users do not hand-compile as the team does with their haxies and use them on the populated servers.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 am

stuffStohl wrote:May the non testers get a short interim report? I´m rather curious what s going on.

Hola stuff! The testers are finding a few bugs that we didn't know about. Since you're so interested & a great player, why don't you help us out? :D

@sparcdr:
Thanks a bunch, but we have a Mac contributor working on it now. (I just forgot to change the news post.) May we contact you IF we need your knowledge/services? If not, I certainly hope to see more folks like you kicking around the source when it's released with the SA. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:34 pm

I have had the chance to work on the SA and I just wanted to post an unofficial update:
  • The first round of testing is about over (not much posting anymore)
  • The testing produced a list of 20 or so things that needed to be fixed for the SA
  • The dev team has been busy both IRL and working on the game. They have reduced the list of 20 things down to a list of 9 things!
  • Hopefully a patch will be released soon with the fixes, thus starting the second round of testing.
  • Some of the things that need to be fixed may not be addressed in time for the SA, but fixes are in the works.
  • The dev team is really making a push to get as much done as soon as possible.
Things are definitely looking up for the SA! Things are moving behind the scenes, so fret no more. ;)
~Pard
Pardner
SG Team

Postby sparcdr » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:13 am

There's definitely a lack of players on.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Breli » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:12 am

sparcdr wrote:There's definitely a lack of players on.

Hey! Indeed, there is ;)!

But, somehow, thats part of the game, you know? The wild west wasn't a crowded place either so you had to take a ride for some hours before you find a fellow gunslinger to measure up against. So this adds to the realism of the game :lol:

Ok, seriously now, we hope to get more attention and much, much more fresh blood on the servers (and in the dev team for that matter) as soon as we get the SA out. That's what this is all about!

This mod aint dead yet!

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:32 am

Well, I try to go onto the test servers and wander around from time to time, just so the bots don't get lonely. They get pretty excited when they see me coming, and they bob up and down with joy. :)
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sparcdr » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:43 pm

They tend to just hide behind objects and pop out like a jack in the box with a shotgun.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:08 pm

DeUgli wrote:They get pretty excited when they see me coming, and they bob up and down with joy. :)

Haha, I got a good laugh at that. They make is quite difficulty to get a good head shot on them!! (especially w/ a ping)
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Breli » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:28 pm

DeUgli wrote:Well, I try to go onto the test servers and wander around from time to time, just so the bots don't get lonely. They get pretty excited when they see me coming, and they bob up and down with joy. :)

:lol: :lol:

Irgendeiner wartet immer!

Even if it is just a bunch of stupid bots ;)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Mac build available

Postby sparcdr » Fri May 01, 2009 3:27 am

Please see my reply to another thread regarding Mac status:
viewtopic.php?p=13312#13312
sparcdr
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel