With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

MAC for MAY!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue May 05, 2009 2:28 am

Thanks to Tequilas' success with backporting our engine to IoQuake3, Sparcdr was able to take the next step for apple lovers. Smokin' Guns now has a mac build available just in time for Cinco de Mayo! (Thanks guys!) Click here for instructions & links. Be sure to tell all of your mac buddies, ok?
Muchas gracias to everyone who participated in the bank robbery tournament on April 25th. I must say there were some very tense rounds this year. Clan mS survived till the end to claim victory, so it's with much congratulations that we announce them to be the winners! A package of demos taken during the tourney should be available soon for your downloading pleasure. In the meantime, I hastily put this video together as a sort of summary for the days events. (Sorry if I didn't capture everyone's favorite action moment, but time wasn't exactly on my side for this.) Hopefully this is an enjoyable video & captures the essence of the tournament.

Smokin' Guns Game Videos & Audio - Mod DB

Pardner also put together a short video that shows the scoreboard for each match. Nice way to see who played too.

Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Wed May 06, 2009 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed May 06, 2009 12:56 am

There was a problem with the original link. (Pointed to a private forum.)
All fixed now.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Picard » Thu May 07, 2009 7:54 am

glad to see it made it Sparcdr :) Hope I can continue to be of help :D
Picard
Drifter

Postby sparcdr » Thu May 07, 2009 10:32 am

No problems, just be sure to spread the word and make friends cds if you can.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Fri May 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Great video Red. I hope to get the demos up soon.

if anyone wants to share their videos they took during the tourney, feel free to email them to me: pardner@smokin-guns.net

Pardner
SG Team

PLEASE

Postby ponjubi » Sun May 10, 2009 1:11 am

some one tell me how to start playing!
ponjubi
Newcomer

Postby sparcdr » Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 pm

You should read the manual which comes with the game. Click on the SG Downloads link on the navigation menu on the front page of this website (Click home first if you're on the forum) and then click Smokin' Guns Full Game Downloads and download for your platform (Generic (Linux/Windows), Windows) or use the Mac for May news post link to the file if you're on a Mac. The manual will be in manual as index.html inside the manual folder if you extracted the generic 1.0 zip, is accessible for Windows users from the start menu after installation, or is part of the disk image on Mac.

You can remap or find out what keys correspond to functions in-game under options/controls, join a multiplayer server by clicking multiplayer in-game, using the get new list button to fetch a list of servers, then double click a server of your choosing.

Some important keys are:
F = Open doors, mount gattling gun
E = Equip scope (If purchased, only for sharps rifle)
B = Buy menu (Click or use numeric keys to buy new items)
R = Reload weapon (Sharps and peacemaker reload one bullet at a time)
Spacebar = Jump
W, S, A, D = Move your player around
Y = Global chat
U = Team chat
F1 = Vote yes (During vote)
F2 = Vote no (During vote)
ESC = Game menu (Buy, options, change team, etc.)

Money is laid throughout maps, or can be gained by making kills.

An online copy of the manual can be found here.

If you have a headset, our official Teamspeak2 server is 75.102.38.15 (Port 17869) or you're free to use my Mumble server at ca.deviantptr.net (Port 64738)

Enjoy.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Redwing » Wed May 13, 2009 1:44 am

sparcdr wrote:Y = Global chat
U = Team chat

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure "T" is global and "Y" is team.
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby sparcdr » Wed May 13, 2009 4:48 pm

Small oversight... just used to my keys I guess.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby klisiu » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Howdy!

After upgrading OS X from Snow Leopard to OS X Lion I experienced some issues with the mouse... Well, there is something wrong with its sensitivity, because I haven't changed anything in game's settings and after upgrade mouse goes wild!

Tested on MacBook Pro 7,1 13", OS X 10.7
FAIL Clan - because we've got fails in common.
klisiu
Drifter

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel