With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

A BR Tournament - Spring 2014

Postby Bart202 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Howdy Smokin' Guns Cowboys!

As a sign for our well loved game we decided to organise a cup in 2014 .. One year after world's last year ;)
We will play on a Server hosted in Europe, dates will be signed with Central European Time (GMT +1).

I would like to invite every team/player/clan/admin .. just everyONE! We would like to lead old players back to this game. To give newer/ less experienced players some chances we decided for 3 players in a team. It's allowed to have reserve players. One player can only play in one team. By the way, we will play a BR league, means every team versus every team. I will organise everything in this forums then .. and in Facebook. (the group in my signature)

You would like to play ? Give me some details:
E-Mail of your team leader (facebook is well also for guys i know some time)
The names of your whole team + reserve players (+nationalities) + Team NAME

Games will be played always on Weekends, I would prefer Saturdays.

Go and sign up for Smokin' Guns Related LEAGUE!

Shy is the opposite of what you should be .. ;)

Greets! Bart.

First games should start in around 2 weeks.
Last edited by Bart202 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Re: Smokin' Guns League - A Tournament

Postby -Murdoc- » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Hey Bart and everyone !

I'm glad to see this post ! After no news about cup in march, I lost hope of competitions on SG...
So I'd like to create a new little forum to organise it. I had this idea 1 or 2 weeks ago. I know there is a clan-wars forum but it's dead since 1 year. So I would create a site (forum) where SG players can communicate and organise competitions. :twisted:
Tell me if it's a good idea. I can create it easily in few days. I'll give web forum adress soon if it's ok.

I think 1 or 2 BoH' team (2x3 players) join tournament. I'll ask to my clan and create link to this page on our FB page.

I hope players come too !
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Postby TheDoctor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:31 pm

-Murdoc- wrote:I would create a site (forum) where SG players can communicate and organize competitions. Tell me if it's a good idea.

Honestly, I think it's an idea doomed to fail. This is the SG forum. Here, every SG player is welcome. Here they could organize competitions - if they wanted to. What makes you think you can single-handedly outdo the effort of the community members that established this forum? Yes, you could create another forum - and nobody would use it.

From my perspective, the problem is to organize a cup and to keep communication between the possible few participants. Yet another forum won't help with that.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby -Murdoc- » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:00 pm

You're right Doc ! After my post I join SG facebook group and I thinking about my idea and finally I'm agree with you. We must concentrate efforts here ! :)

Is it possible to create a forum dedicated for competitions on this website ? To have a forum and sub-forums to organize tournaments, cup and maybe one day a clanwar league. :twisted:
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Postby TheDoctor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:43 pm

-Murdoc- wrote:Is it possible to create a forum dedicated for competitions on this website?

I wouldn't see a problem to create a subforum - if it can be expected to have a certain post frequency. You could write a PM to Tequila to state your request.

Until then, just use the Saloon subforum. We can always migrate topics later on, if it gets cluttered.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Tequila » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:25 am

Howdy,

a tournament is always a good promotion event ! Thank you Bart202 to try to bring that alive.

Personaly, I don't think a sub-forum would be fine. I would better propose you to discuss about the event here in the topic, use wiki to work on rules and use Drupal site (main site so) to expose the event itself. I'm fine to give access to dedicated content type on main site to tournament team managers. I'll be fine also to announce the event on main site.
:twisted:

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

Postby -Murdoc- » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 am

Yep good idea to promote tournament in the main website.
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Postby Bart202 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:46 am

Hey again,

Thank you for your promotion. Especially tequila tries everything to cooperate with me. I read your messages every day. I really like your idea of a server for the tournament :)Murdoc's help is a good, too :)

I would be happy to see an article for the tournament instead of "Happy New year" in April :)
As far as i understood tequila will give me rights for the forum, so we can discuss. I agree with that what you said.
Until now one team registered and some others speak with their mates.

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Howdy,

I started to create a Tournament. And I pushed the page to front. I'll give today the rights and advices to Bart202 to start edit pages there.

My plan will be to have this page to really be an entry point for everything related to current and future tournaments. I would like to see there internal links toward rules, tournament boards, planned events, etc... Anyone can use the wiki to start writing important stuffs that should be published.

I would still propose to rename this event to something like "Smokin'Guns tournament - Spring 2014". What do you think ?

Bart202, are you alone to organize the event ? or tell us who is in the organization team.

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

Postby -Murdoc- » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:19 pm

I can help you bart to promote and to organize the tournament. And I can arbitrate some games when i'll don't play myself. You should probably recruit staff. :)

I think it will be difficult to make tournament in 2 weeks, cause many players are students and they have exams. And organize tournament it's like to call an army to war, it's need time ! :twisted: I think the tournament can begin in middle of May or end of May.

We should talk about tournament's rules and to promote and motivate a maximum players.
I don't know exactly how SG team proceed but thank you for your support ! :D Dedicated server, main website page for tournament : great news !

We should contact all clan's leaders if it's not done, here, on Facebook, in-game too or on all clan's websites. I hope players answer the call.

Tequila wrote:I would still propose to rename this event to something like "Smokin'Guns tournament - Spring 2014".

I like it !

Normally BoH make a team. But maybe 4 players team with 1 or 2 reverse player/s is better.

The question is : how many players in team ? Stay with 3 and reserve or 4 players ? Many players told me 4 is better.
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Postby -Murdoc- » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:01 pm

I made a poster to promote tournament. This is an overview, the original screen is 1090x656.
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Postby -Murdoc- » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:16 pm

I register 2 BoH teams :

Team A : BoH Amigo, Dooker and Murdoc
Team B : BoH Vicallo, Melon, Gringo

If there are modification I'll tell you.
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Postby Bart202 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Thank you tequila! Murdoc will help me organising the event :) I will keep going on soon.

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Prodigy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:29 pm

We should vote for the date when we can begin the Tournament. Many players are busy in the middle of May.
Breathe the pressure
Come play my game, I'll test ya
Psychosomatic, addict, insane
Prodigy
Drifter

Postby -Murdoc- » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 am

I'm not against a vote but we must start one day. :)

Apparently Bart want to play like a league, so all teams meet all others teams. The tournament will be on many weeks. I'm ok for saturday, but I work this day and I can't play before 6h15 PM. So we'll adjust schedules. Otherwise I think saturday is good even if some players have exams. 3 vs 3 is more easy for it !

If it's 3 vs 3 teams I think we must play obligatory on some little maps as : Durango, Tijuana, Mexico or Cobber Canyon. Alamo and Hang' are good maps, but there are lags and bad fps on it.
We'll can choose all maps or just a package which already define ?
Edit : finally rules are edited ! :)
Last edited by -Murdoc- on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Next

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel