With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:33 pm

Even if you fixed the bot code for br, all of the maps would have to go through extensive changes. Nothing visual mind you. Just "invisible" changes that only the bots need. So, if it can't be done in advance of the SA release (whenever that is) then we'd be looking at another large update. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:46 pm

I can actually get the bots to get the money by putting a bot roam by the bag. But yeah, they just don't work right at all in BR, very frustraiting..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sig11 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:50 pm

About the actual topic of this thread ;-) ... I think the best and only you can do is to make the bots leave the cabin(s) and let them roam - if that's easily doable.

About the general bot improvement: yes, I feared that the bot "stuff" in the maps needs to be updated. I guess I first should make a toy/dummy map myself so that I learn and know that part before I can actually improve any AI code. But in the end that's a different topic ;-)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:42 am

The way it is for br now.

Assuming everything but what's designated in this next image is "possibly" easy to relocate, what are your suggestions? (Though some things may be set in stone more than others...we'll have to look to Leeth for that. Escape point feels logical.)

Imho, all other game modes are fun & the layout is good. It's just my belief that some experimental shuffling of some entities might vastly improve gameplay for br.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:06 pm

First i gotta say that I like the new lake map.

It's much fun on DM or TDM. But my feeeling is that it's not a real BRmap so far. It's more like deathmatch.

Maybe i've got a solution for this but i think this would be much work:

How about another tunnel to the safe with the entry near the tower??

Btw: In my opinion some spawnpoints of the defenders are too near to the ones of the robbers. possibly this would change gameplay a little...
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:56 am

Lethal & I discussed this over TS tonight a little. Here's a proposal for br that would be very easy to implement.

The robbers could get to the money quickly & the gameplay is totally altered. Instead of hopelessly attacking a fortress, the challenge would be shifted to escaping with the loot. Defenders have the options of attacking the stronghold or covering the escape. (Or both.) The tower & scope could be reached by a defender by the time the safe is blown. Odds are still against the robbers but maybe they'd have a fighting chance. Might be more interesting than the current scheme. :idea:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:13 pm

Bright idea !
However, with that configuration, we will lose the tension we could have in entering in the fortress, as a robber.
Perhaps, we can mixed things about the defender spawn points ?
Why not having spawn points in both the escape and the fortress for defenders ?
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:16 pm

hika wrote:Why not having spawn points in both the escape and the fortress for defenders ?

To me, that would seem to make things even harder for robbers. With the proposal above, the defenders could make it to the fortress about the time the robbers are coming outside. Either it's all about a shootout in the fortress (where robbers usually lose) or it could be about making the getaway. (Robbers usually lose there too.) In all our testing, I've only seen 2 successful escapes.

Something needs to be changed for sure. If we can't get a decent gameplay Lethal's thinking of getting rid of br mode for Lake.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:34 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:If we can't get a decent gameplay Lethal's thinking of getting rid of br mode for Lake.

Oh no ! I would be sad if BR mode is dropped :cry:
You know, I love playing BR. It is my preferred gametype.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Previous

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel