With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Some questions about mapping for this MOD

Postby Denny » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:19 am

I just have a few questions on making maps for this MOD

1.Can we use GTKRadiant 1.2.10 too make the maps for Western Quake3?

2.If so,can we use the textures and stuff provided in the mod? if so,will these automatically load in the GTKRadiant texture menu?

3.Are maps made using Point Release 1.32 supported?

4.And i believe this is the last question,Is there any special methods that i should take in making maps for this MOD,like special ways too set up spawn points,objectives and such for the different types of modes?

That should about do it,if i have anymore questions i'll just post in this topic,i'm very excited about making maps for this MOD,thank you.
Denny
Newcomer

Postby Lixus » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:59 pm

ok, i'll try to answer a few of your questions :mrgreen:

1. you should be able to use any gtkradiant/qeradiant to map for wq3.. i couldnt think of any problems...:)
2. to use the textures from the mod, you'll have to copy the westerntex1.pk3 from your wq3 directory to the baseq3 folder..
that way they should show up in the editor
3. yeah, no problems reported yet
4. hmmm you need the entities.def of wq3 in order to put wq3-specific things like a rifle or something into your map.. i don't have the one for beta 1 anymore, because i map for beta2 and for it we have a new, team-intern entities.def.
maybe someone else still has the old one???
if you wait for beta 2 (won't be a long wait, i hope =D), the entities.def will be included in the main download so you won't have to search for it.
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby Denny » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:13 am

Okay,thanks for the help,i'll just wait till beta 2's out then,,we can still make map layouts at present time i assume? So i'll just do that till beta 2's release,thanks again.This is kind of a side question but will there be a patch like thing for the people too upgrade Western Quake too beta 2 from 1.2 or will we have too download the new version,is so what's the estimated size of the beta 2 release? not really a problem,just curious.
Denny
Newcomer

Postby Drakhon » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:52 pm

You can even stayrt mapping now, but you have to use temporary textures until Beta 2 comes out and you'll get the new ones.

Ok, know to your DL question.
There won't be an update from 1.2 to 2.0 because the update would have about the same size as the full version. We really did everything new, so you'll have to download everything that is new ...
Dl size will be approximately 120mb perhaps even a bit more.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel