With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

help : I/O error

Postby carmen » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:47 pm

Hi,

First, sorry for my english !

I can't install WQ3b2. When I try, the first error message is : An I/E error occured while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file.

After validation, second error message is : corrupt installation file

So I have uninstalled quake III arena for a brand new installation with 1.32 point release. Nothing change, I have exactly the same problem :(

All the *.pk3 are in the baseq3 folder (pak0 to pak8) and Quake3 works well !

wq3b2_0.exe could be the problem ? The size is ok with 150mo. Someone can help me ?

Thx.
carmen
Newcomer

Postby Drakhon » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:05 pm

Unfortuantely it seems like the .exe files you downloaded is broken. I'm sorry, but you have to download it again. Perhaps try another mirror.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby carmen » Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:19 pm

I have downloaded a new WQ3b2 file in .zip and at the end of the installation a problem off texture file has appeared ! Unlucky Luke should be my name ! I have tried to ignore it but, of course, WQ3 dont run. Anyway, Quake3 dont run too now ! Perhaps my opera brownser is guilty but I doubt it. Well thanks for your help. Im going to install Quake3 again and try with a third WQ3 file...

carmen, indefatigable.
carmen
Newcomer

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel