With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

help please, whats does this error mean?

Postby reneu » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:29 pm

hi guys!

when playing western quake beta 2, after a few minutes, i always get this error message and get disconnected: "hunc_alloc failed" and after that a long number.

what does this mean??? please answer me, cause i liek to play a longer period of time your really great mod.
reneu
Newcomer

Postby Drakhon » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:36 pm

Do you remember the part in the news saying: "If you encounter a problem ask the Manual first."?
Pobably lot. But as it's my job to help people I'll copy and paste the part of the manual where your problem is adressed.

Q: I'm trying to load a map and then an error occurs saying something about "hunk allocate failed". What can I do?
A: Either start wq3 using a direct link (shortcut, see 2.1 Getting Started on how to create a shortcut) , or modify your q3config.cfg (in the baseq3 and westernq3 folder) and change com_hunkmegs to at least 96.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby reneu » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:14 am

ups, sorry man. you know, it seems that im blind as a bat, but thx alot for your answer!!!!
reneu
Newcomer

Postby Drakhon » Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:14 am

It's ok. I just got not very much sleep last nicht (thanks to the release) and am in a bad mood today.

I'm glad I could help you.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel