With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Need Help, Terrible FPS

Postby Cosmo » Fri May 09, 2003 9:03 pm

Hey there.

Just stumbled across your mod, i really like it, but im having severe FPS problems with it. Im running a Radeon 9700, and i get 125 FPS constant in every other quake 3 mod or in quake 3 itself, reunning with 16x Aniso.

Thing is, im western quake, i keep getting drops down to about 40 - 50 fps, just running around the maps on my own.

Any ideas? please help

Thanks in advance.
Cosmo
Newcomer

Postby EvilFutsin » Sat May 10, 2003 12:57 am

The r_speeds in Western Q3 are atrocious. I mean, seriously, did you guys plan much at all or use ANY Hint brushes? :P

Not that I'm blasting the mod, but I do have to say it's probably the second-weakest element.

Not sure you can do anything `bout it, doc. :/
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Cosmo » Sat May 10, 2003 1:27 am

Right, someone else in another forum thought this was the problem. As it dosent seem to be players or effects causing the slowdown, its the maps themselves. Right , i feel better now thats set straight.
Cosmo
Newcomer

Postby Drakhon » Sat May 10, 2003 8:31 pm

Our mappers used hint brushes where possible, but we can't use them very much in our maps with large open areas. Our mappers plan every map before they build it, and our r_speeds are not that bad.

One element that causes those fps drops is the music, or the fading-in and -out of the tracks. During those fades, the CPU has to change the volume constantly, and that consumes a lot of the CPUs power.
Unfortunately we were net aware of that before the release and we looking for a way to solve that with a bugfix.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Return to Help Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel