With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Durango_r

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi,
I just went to try the Durango_r version in the SA. As I approach the stone steps by the gen. store upto the fountain, that whole area in front of the bottom step goes into a vibrating image montage. It doesn't happen going the other direction. Then I tried it in the reg 2.2 and it also shows up. Doesn't seem to appear anywhere else in the map. Anyone else get this? (How do you do a screen shot? I could post an image?)
Chain
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:39 am

Holy crap Batman! :x I don't have a clue what caused this, but I'll try to fix it by this weekend. You can take screenshots with F11.

ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Canyon_r

Postby ChainLightnin' » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:54 am

This may be a silly question, but in Canyon_r the rock texture hasn't been added yet, right, or did I miss a file somewhere? Also, my character can't seem to get out of the underground water systems or the well, once he's in. Is that intended, or is there some sneaky way out? Jump floats him, but that's all. I really like these new maps, though! Nice look and feel, and fun new stuff in them! :P
Chain
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:14 pm

We know the deathmatch maps have a few remaining problems. We'll get back to them in time. Although the screenshots have disappeared, you can read some older posts about those revisions HERE. As for the rock texture, it's entirely possible I might tweak some shaders for the br maps that could affect the dm maps. I'll have a look at it tonight.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:43 pm

The so called Hall of Mirrors effect you found here, chainlightnin', happens from time to time in some maps. For instance, you have the same effect if you go to the tower in wq_fort close to the ladder that leads to the roof. Look down and you will almost certainly see the effect.

I am not 100% sure but in case of fort it seemed to be a duplicate brush. I don't know about durango though.

Concerning wq_canyon_r: thats my bad. I fooled around with these maps about a year ago and we had problems with water brushes back then. It's on the list ... as Red said: we'll get back to it in time.

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:05 am

Breli wrote:Concerning wq_canyon_r: thats my bad.

Nope....it's mine. As I suspected, my fiddling with the shaders is the culprit. If you remove wq3_maps03_r.pk3 from your wq3 directory & then play wq_canyon_r you will see the texture again. But don't worry, I'll take care of that by this weekend as well.
Breli wrote:I am not 100% sure but in case of fort it seemed to be a duplicate brush. I don't know about durango though.

Hmmm, it's not a duplicate brush in Durango_r. I notice a hint brush in that area but I never touched that. Strange. Maybe simply recompiling will make the bug go away.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:51 am

GREAT. This is just what I need right now....

I wanted to load the prt file in Radiant to see if I could find any clues. Well I guess I found one when it wouldn't load. Something is very screwed up. The last thing I remember messing around with was a structural ground brush or two. I only manipulated them horizontally. No dragging of vertices. Replacing all of the structural ground brushes with a copy/paste from the original Durango file didn't help. Reverting to a 3 day old map file for br_durano_r didn't help either. Neither did recreating the ground brushes from scratch. Welcome to the world of level editing I guess. :roll: My next option is to copy/paste all of my brush changes into the original map file. If that doesn't work, I plan to get drunk & smash something nearby. :x
Too frustrated to continue tonight.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:22 am

I still don't have a concrete explanation for what happened. Since I was getting some "Entity Leaked" errors I suspected I had turned a structural brush, that touches the void, into a func_group in order to fix a light leak. That much is true, & you'd have to see how this level is designed to understand how that could happen, but placing a caulk box around the entire map doesn't get rid of the HOM effect even though doing that corrects the prt error. I have a backup dated 1-20-07 that is basically the same map.....without the light leak fixes. I have some "redo" work ahead of me. :|
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

cad

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:16 am

You'll fix it! I spent part of last night with autolisp trying to configure a new digitizer driver. I wasn't real happy for a while, but I finally fixed it. I can only imagine at this point, how complex the stuff you're doing is!
Chain
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby hika » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:16 pm

Sorry Red, I have found another strange thing :oops:

You have to look down on the ground to see that it seems to disappear.
Hopefully, it is only on the place where players used to throw dynamites.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:38 pm

I can't quite tell where that pic is taken from. But since I'm using an unbroken file now, that should be gone too.

@CL: We just ordered a digitizer where I work. 'Bout time. :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

sa

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:30 pm

Yeehaw for the digitizer! They're way faster, I think. A side note: I just tried to go on the SA server, it started to load Santa Cruz and stuck, with"Unpure Client detected, invalid pk3 files referred". It worked yesterday.?. Is it down for repairs? Or did I miss something. I put in Hika's new files, but no difference. Ideas?(No big, I know you're busy). :)
Chain
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Re: sa

Postby hika » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:06 pm

ChainLightnin' wrote:A side note: I just tried to go on the SA server, it started to load Santa Cruz and stuck, with"Unpure Client detected, invalid pk3 files referred". It worked yesterday.?. Is it down for repairs? Or did I miss something. I put in Hika's new files, but no difference. Ideas?(No big, I know you're busy). :)
Chain

Did you get the new wq3_pakZ_current.pk3 from here ?
Sorry about the inconvenience. I just uploaded a new "b2.2 20070210" version, today.
You have to stay tuned ;)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

sa

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 am

Yup Hika, I have the latest update installed, and the SA works really well in the single player mode, but when I go to the server site, it opens with one frame of the game, a dark circle in the street, and the message I mentioned before. I don't get it? Maybe I need to reload everything? :|
Chain
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

pk3

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:27 am

OK, I got it! For some reason the first time I downloaded I got a folder with vm & ui files, but no real current.pk3 file. I just tried again and I got the latest .pk3. Go figure? It works great and looks great! :D
Chain
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel