With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:43 am

Rev_Blueduck sent me a pm today. Says he's reinstalled 5 times and still can't get rid of the font error, so he's giving up. :( After re-reading this thread, he looks to be pretty confused about the installation OR how to configure ASE properly OR both. Does anyone think this is just confusion on his part? I mean, nobody else has seen this error right? :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:36 am

@caffeine, Red and L3th4l ... it seems I forgot to actually post my response to you guys previously ... well, it wasn't very coherent anyways since I guess I have to hear that stutter myself first, so I'll eventually hang out on the test server, so that I can spectate somebody with dynamite (bots don't want to use dynamite very often :-) ...)

about the font: Yes, it's ugly, it's from OpenArena

@Red and rev_blueduck: we'll make a full zip with everything to get you going.

Oh - and one more thing: I noticed that the talk sound is one of deugly's sounds (the bird/bell sound), while I thought I had already replaced it with something completely different (as I thought when I wrote pak0.README).
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:16 pm

See what I can come up with for a font..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sig11 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:35 pm

@rev_blueduck (and anybody who has trouble with the update process) get an almost-all-in-one. You will only need maps (and only maps) from e.g. the beta tester forum (CoyoteBluff and Lake). See also the file overview.
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:53 pm

Thanks sig11! I was going to repackage everything myself for Rev_Blueduck tonight but you've saved me the trouble. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby rev_blueduck » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:17 pm

red helped me out
i can know get in game though all seeing eye no errors
i also noticed i have doubled my fps i was running around 60
now 125
seems alot smoother 2
i also see i have an avatar now ty to whoever hooked me up
i have a blue duck i use in wild west but here i cant get it to load
i also wanted to thank every 1 that has tryed to help me in the past
quack
quack
rev_blueduck
Pistolero

Postby L3th4l » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:07 am

rev_blueduck wrote:i also see i have an avatar now ty to whoever hooked me up
i have a blue duck i use in wild west but here i cant get it to load

I implemented a default avatar for users that don't have one. If you don't set an avatar in your profile, it will use the WQ3 user default one..

If you have an avatar you would like to use, shoot me an email with the avatar attached and I will hook you up..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:37 am

rev_blueduck wrote:red helped me out

I only sent you a pm with links and a few tips. :wink: Sig11 beat me to streamlining the install package, which was very fast and greatly appreciated. :D Glad you're all hooked up now. Looking forward to swapping lead with ya soon. I'll try to watch the servers, but Lethal & I are working to provide us with an updated version of our maps. You should help us test them & the standalone this weekend.

Btw, I'm no stranger to your avatar. But it looks really cool here. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:51 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I've also noticed strange noise when spectating someone with lit dyno or swimming underwater. (Lake testing.) I think I was in 3rd person or free spec mode at the time. It's like a rapid ticking sound if I remember.

Would be interesting to know if this happens in b21 too, or only in b21 testpatch 01. I fixed a bug related to dynamite burning under water, so maybe I broke something. With the test patch, you should not be able to light the dynamite or molotov under water. Last time I checked, matches don't work under water. But unlike in b21, the dynamite will actually explode even when thrown into the water.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:54 am

torhu wrote:
ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I've also noticed strange noise when spectating someone with lit dyno or swimming underwater. (Lake testing.) I think I was in 3rd person or free spec mode at the time. It's like a rapid ticking sound if I remember.

Would be interesting to know if this happens in b21 too, or only in b21 testpatch 01. I fixed a bug related to dynamite burning under water, so maybe I broke something. With the test patch, you should not be able to light the dynamite or molotov under water. Last time I checked, matches don't work under water. But unlike in b21, the dynamite will actually explode even when thrown into the water.

The fuse sound does it when not in the water and the water sound does the same thing when your under water.. This is only while spectating someone...
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sig11 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Just in case it's worth testing, I'll start a server on 80.190.243.49:27964 with WQ b2.1 and the latest CoyoteBluff and Lake.
sig11
SG Team

Postby Caffeine » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:28 am

Caffeine wrote:
sig11 wrote:About your random crashes: Maybe I really should install ioq3 and see for myself.

Sounds good.

Any progress on this? I'm especially interested in knowing whether or not anyone else can reproduce it. I just tested with ioq3's latest svn and this is still happening. I did notice that it may occur less often when I'm not overclocking my vidcard (yeah, I know...), so it's possible that it's a heat-related issue. However, this exact issue never happened with other games (including the WQ3 SA and ioq3+UrT when I still played it); they always segfaulted when things got too hot.
Caffeine
Pistolero

Postby Caffeine » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:29 pm

Ok, nevermind; I set s_useOpenAL to 0 and it appears that it's no longer an issue. It might not sound as good, but I can live with that. I'll stop polluting this thread with off-topic stuff now. :)
Caffeine
Pistolero

Previous

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel